1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Service truck came home on the hook.

Discussion in 'Shop Talk' started by nowing75, Jan 28, 2017.

1. nowing75

nowing75 Senior Member

my truck quit tuning on the job last week and turns out the injection pump bearing retainer bolts backed out. It's a Isc cummins lucked the bolts did not go into the gears.

Attached Files:

2. JPV

JPV Senior Member

Is it the 8.3 with the caps fuel pump? That is what is in my 1999 T 300 and I have heard bad things about them but nothing specific, it has worked fine so far for me.

3. thepumpguysc

thepumpguysc Senior Member

Master Inj.Pump rebuilder
    That's quite common.. theres a service bulletin on it.. longer screws & loc tite..
    IF the bearing is good, and the bearing plate is in decent shape, the pump doesn't have to be torn down.. new screws, loc tite.. acouple of orings.. done while you have lunch.. less than 300.00.
    On the other hand.. if the bearing is bad and the bearing plate is gouged in the seal area.. expect it to be 1100.. and pick up next Monday..

4. nowing75

nowing75 Senior Member

It's common rail and the pump is junk. Bearing failed. Not sure if its original pump or not as I got the truck used.

5. DB2

DB2 Senior Member

My dad called them Cumaparts for good reason

PJ The Kid likes this.
  6. hvy 1ton

hvy 1ton Senior Member

Cumaparts and Clatterpillars. You makes your bet and you pays your money.

7. RZucker

RZucker Senior Member

Mechanic/welder
    Two stroke Detroits Forever!!! Just kidding.

8. nowing75

nowing75 Senior Member

Yes a gmc general with a 8v92 in it would make a nice service truck.

9. movindirt

movindirt Senior Member

Design a engine that never breaks and you'll make millions... till then take your pick...

PJ The Kid likes this.