• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Sequence valve

southernman13

Occupation
Retired
I’ll try to be short as possible. We have 2 prime 14 yards dirt pans. They’re no longer made but look to be about identical to a Reynolds 1410. What does the sequence valve do or the adjustment do may be the better question. I know when u lift the gate and it bottoms out then the bowl will raise to dump and I’m thinking the sequence valve makes that happen. So if I adjust it in or out what does that do speed up the function? Hers the issue. We’re using one of the pans. The cylinder on one side of the bowl had a broken pin and the bearing was froze. I robbed a pin and cylinder from the other pan. When i swapped the cylinder and pin I screwed up and had two of the lines crossed on the tractor. I couldn’t get the cylinder to extend so I could put the pin in. It would move out but barely. I had the hydraulics in a dead lock basically. I finally figured it out but I think I damaged something. Maybe the check valve in the system. It’s working and we used to it to a job but the bowl raises very slow to dump full or empty unless when u lower the back wheels to raise the pan u leave the lever dead headed the hit the bowl dump lever it moves fast. I’m sure I’m very confusing. I switched the sequence valve with the other pan and no change. Could I have blown the check valve somehow. I’m going to hook to the other pan since we have the tractor back and I’m sure it will Perform as it should but I’d like to figure out what I’ve done to the other one. Thanks and sorry for the long post

southernman13

Occupation
Retired
I see there’s also a check cartridge on the bottom of the sequence valve block. I haven’t checked that. Maybe that could be an issue. Makes sense kinda. Won’t hurt to pull it and at least inspect the o rings I reckon.

southernman13

Occupation
Retired
I guess ultimately I was forcing oil into the back of the dump cylinder and it had no where to go since the other end wasn’t opening up to allow the cylinder to extend. So maybe now it’s bypassing inside the cylinder which is why it raises slow. But nothing is leaking or leaking down. Idk. I’m sure I’ve confused the **** out of everyone lol. Unless someone has hooked their hoses up wrong as I did they probably wouldn’t have had this issue idk

southernman13

Occupation
Retired
I switched remote circuits and it works better. Maybe by hooking up the hoses wrong I damaged the remote circuit valves they were connected to. I’ll have to install a pressure gage and see what I find

Mobiltech

Occupation
Self employed Heavy duty mechanic
Do you have quick couplers in this system to supply hydraulic oil to the pan. If so I would wonder if one of the couplers is not opening properly .