• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

screen plant with a magnet

kevink

Wondering if anyone has ever mounted a magnet on the screen plant and what kind of results people are having.

Thanks In Advance Kevin

clintm

Occupation
trucking,concrete recycling,grading, demolition
what are you screening and trying to remove , what type of screen

mitch504

My brother has one that just has a magnetic head pulley on the fines belt. It works great for separating small scrap, and is dead simple, with no power or maintenance needed. I have used an overbelt magnet to separate the magnetic fines out of steel mill slag, but it was none of those things.

Last edited:

kevink

Have a powerscreen powergrid and we are screening concrete. Have a guy bringing me a lot of material that is crushed down small enough for roadbase just has some loose metal in with it. we were gonna try and screen some of it to save a little $ and have some really clean concrete to crush when we move our crusher back.