• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Scratch built Skagit BU-99 yarder in 1/25th scale

bitner1970

Occupation
Engineering Tech for a water/sewer district
I finished this two year off and on project last night. I used a resin DD 12V-71 and resin wheels. The tower is made from 1" Sch-40 PVC water pipe left over from when I relaid my house's water line. The tower would raise but I mounted the telescoping cable so it doesn't without breaking the line I used. I used Evergreen sheet plastic and strips throughout for basic materials. Its a heavy model and is awkward to move but I think it came out okay. I made all the decals except the logging company logos which are from an AMT Peerless log trailer kit. The hydraulic lines and such are close but by no means accurate. I didn't add all of them, but just enough to add some character to it. It looks good alongside my scratch built Washington TL-6 Trakloader. Next up is a Madill 009 on rubber marked for Weyerhaeuser.

th_P1010016-4.jpgth_P1010018-3.jpgth_P1010019-2.jpgth_P1010001-1.jpgth_P1010002-1.jpg

Cheers:

Bill

bitner1970

Occupation
Here are the first pics posted but a little bigger, still not used to this posting style:)

P1010015-3 (2).jpgP1010016-4 (2).jpgP1010017-3 (1).jpgP1010018-3 (1).jpgP1010019-2 (1).jpg

Cheers:

Bill

Huntoon

Occupation
Sales Engineer. I design OEM tracked undercarriage
Fantastic. The craftsmanship shows. Great job!

RCP57

Occupation
commercial fisherman/part time elf
Great job! Did you make the Detroit or buy it somewhere? Could you take a picture of the yarder next to a pop or beer can so we can see its size better? Very nice!

bitner1970

Occupation
The Tower is about 3 feet long and its about 9" to the top of the cab. I got the resin Detroit Diesel from American Industrial Truck Models.

Cheers:

Bill