• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Scrapers from Australia

ts-24 frank

Occupation
retired trucker-part time bus driver
hd-41s

Youre welcome Frank for the help, it is sad to see durkin fall, but I wonder if the new owners of their scrapers still have their red paint job or decals? Why did morrissey park those scrapers. A guy was telling me that morrissey still has 4 ac hd-41 with pusher blades on them at their main yard, along with 4 d9h's that where most likely to push those scrapers or the euclid blade-vayors. I am going to try to get pics of their 4 bv loaders still ad their yard lets see some pics.

mike; i was up to jdms yard last weekend and saw the ts-24s moved but could not see the hd-41s or the BLADEVATORS anywhere. going up to the city to the HOSPITAL again this weekend will try to stop, serching for a contact person ther to get more info on that big job, kinda of excited about maby seeing the ts-24s in action again, HOPE-HOPE. if you get a chance tell me what i missed there. thanks again for all youre help. ts-24 frank

Gord229

Occupation
Operator
more scrapers

Hi Martin

Just found these pictures of Aussie scrapers and nearly fell out of my chair! The shots you have of the DOPOD scraper with rear fenders has me in the operator's seat. I remember dear old No:8 very fondly, it was a good scoop. Where did you take the second set of pictures?

The first shot of the DOPOD machines you posted must have been taken at Mt Owen in the Hunter Valley. I remember the job well and the shot of No: 7 coming over the edge of the ROM was one of the "exciting" things we needed to do on that job. The operator of that machine was Greg Hawke.

Would love to have a copy of your photos if I could as I don't have many shots of me at the wheel (funny about that).

Any way am attaching a couple of shots of these same machines for your interest.

Cheers
Gordon

Attachments

• MeMtOwen1.jpg
    MeMtOwen1.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 1,756
  • GillyMtOwen1.jpg
    GillyMtOwen1.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 1,770
  • HawkeyMtOwen1.jpg
    HawkeyMtOwen1.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 1,744
  • MeMtOwen2.jpg
    MeMtOwen2.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 1,756

Gavin84w

What ever become of snake and Dopod?

Run into his gear a lot on various jobs i worked at Mt Owen, Mt Arthur, Penrith Lakes, Western Sydney Dragway etc. Was about the only one with 21B,s.

Gord229

Occupation
Operator
What ever become of snake and Dopod?

Run into his gear a lot on various jobs i worked at Mt Owen, Mt Arthur, Penrith Lakes, Western Sydney Dragway etc. Was about the only one with 21B,s.

Hi Gavin84w

The Slithery Chap voluntarily sold all the gear about 4 or 5 years ago. He is still about here locally (Canberra/Queanbeyan) doing small rural work for himself with a D4 I understand!

Who were you working for at Mt Owen/Mt Arthur? If you were at Mt Owen in August 1996 then you will probably remeber the second photo I posted. That was my bad!

Cheers
Gordon

Gord229

Occupation
Operator
Martin

Any chance you could email (ghenderson@ozemail.com.au) me the photos of the Snake gear?

Cheers
Gordon

Gavin84w

Hi Gavin84w

The Slithery Chap voluntarily sold all the gear about 4 or 5 years ago. He is still about here locally (Canberra/Queanbeyan) doing small rural work for himself with a D4 I understand!

Who were you working for at Mt Owen/Mt Arthur? If you were at Mt Owen in August 1996 then you will probably remeber the second photo I posted. That was my bad!

Cheers
Gordon

Gordon, i was there assembling new gear on the hardstand in front of the workshop so did not get to see to much of the other site goings ons, was impressive the day everything was set up there for pics and then they went to work, i reckon there was 6 guys in the cab of 1 of those 996 faceshovels when it went to work.

plantman.uk

Occupation
excavator operator
great pictures mate...love to see em being pushed...let the big dog eat

plantman.uk

Occupation
excavator operator
Very nice pictures mate. Have you got much work over there?

bigrus

Occupation
Joystick attendant
Moving black cheese

Spent the weekend finishing off an water storage extension. Material was already damp before we started, 2" of rain during the job just made it a bit more interesting. ;)

Attachments

• 637.jpg
    637.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 1,922
  • 637E.jpg
    637E.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 1,923

Gord229

Occupation
Operator
More Thrills from Australia!

Hey Martin

Just thought you might like to see some more Aussie operator antics.

This scraper has a real habit of laying down for a rest quite frequently!

Cheers
Gordon

Attachments

• John Deere 640.jpg
    John Deere 640.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 2,250
  • John Deere woops1.jpg
    John Deere woops1.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 1,623

bigrus

Occupation
Joystick attendant
Oh Dear

See, another low bank excursion :eek: :eek: Not often anyone falls off a high one, the "ring gear" is usually a bit tighter (old Wabco owners joke) ;)

mudober

Occupation
heavy equiptment operator
nice equiptment cab and ac except for the truck it looks neat tho.be cool if you could hear it .

powershifter

I am pretty sure that's me on number 2, [37 E's including series 2 in front] and no we weren't hooked up at the time but were trying to bog out a soft spot. The scrapers belong to Richard Champion and his partner Colin and the shots were taken at the SITA landfill site in Western Sydney where we were working for Richards cousin Brendon Lowe [Lowe Earthmoving] who owns the old water cart. The series two was on it's first job in Australia and had come from England, there were also 2 series one and a pair of 37G's, These guys come from family of earth movers with both Richard and Brendon having relatives up and down the east coast operating there own gear including Peter Champion {Peter Champion Mining}

rare ss

hey guys.. thought i'd join up and share some scraper pic's!

this was a busy time at work.. we had 8 of our scrapers parked up for over a year then won a big job 2000kms away and had 4 weeks to get them up to standard and shipped over to shift some dirt
280510008.jpg

280510010.jpg

280510003.jpg

pretty rare "633G" made from a 631G front and a 633EII rear end

Gord229

Occupation
Operator
Great shots of very rare machines Rare SS!

You should be able to upload your own photos directly by now. I think the rule was 10 posts before being given that privilege.

DIMITRIS

Hello from greece does anybody knows about heavy equipment operators in australia?i want to immigrate there in order to work as an operator in minings.operators are a highly needed occupation there??can someone tell me a few things.i've been told that is the most perfect place to live and work.thanks

DIMITRIS

HI rare ss how about the work in Australia?i am a greek resident(that the reason my english is bad)i am considering to work abroad.Actually in Australia.i am 30years old and i am working from my 15 here in greece the situation in minings is the worst in last 5 years so i decide to immigrate in Australia.i would find easily job(liceance for excavator ,dumper,doazer,loader )what do you think?you work in australia as an operator?thanks.