• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Scrapers from Australia

ts-24 frank

Occupation
retired trucker-part time bus driver
martin; fantastic pictures of the twins great shots any more to share. ts-24 frank

ts-24 frank

Occupation
hi guys cat345bl; i got some real good stuf this past week.went up to morrisseys eureka snydersville sand pit & quarry and met the sicest most helpfull people.i found the ts-24s you were talking about all parked since 1999 and got some great shots. then the lady in the scale house made a phone call and sent me across the hyway to the quarry and the equipment super and he gave the yard forman permission to give me a tour of the quary and any pictures i wanted to take, john yoder & james pucilowski were so helpfull i got some great shots and they were so great so helpfull, what a great day thanks to the morrissey people, my thanks. then i tried to search out DURKIN found there new add and went there and nothing, i called both #'s i had the 215 and the other one. the other one is out of service and i got an answer from the 215 # and explained what i was looking for and where i was and was told they are nolonger at that add and i asked about the philly yard the man on the phone said they nolonger exist, i asked where they are today and he said they no longer exist and hung up the phone on me. so big mystery on what is going on with durkin, for some reason they just dont want to be found. so much thanks to the morrissey organization for the tremoundus help and additional info i will follow up on, and got an invite back. next on to MILLER & SON rental, found them and 2 bonanzas in 2 days soo helpfull and got invited back for a tour and photos ts-18 and quary equipment, just so helpfull and friendly george miller a great guy, i will return. when i get time i will post some pictures-morrissey stuf great ones. just wanted to say thanks to cat345bl and the others for all the info. what a great couple of days. ts-24 frank

gd10r

TS-24 this is a response from Tom Lorey of Des Moines IA concering Durkin:

Graham

How are you doing? I was reading the forum and there is a guy (TS24) in the scraper part looking for Durkin in the Philly, PA area. Could you tell him that they have gone out of business and all the equipment has been sold. I know Mike Durkin and talked to him at the HCEA show in September. They had been involved in a law suit over a job for a number of years. They finally won the suit and got paid. There are three brothers and they all agreed that given the situation it was easier to stay out pf the business and retire. Mike said that he sold the TS 24's for under 10,000. They were the last things to go. They painted their equipment red. Thanks

Tom

ts-24 frank

Occupation
tom still plays with toys; i would like to thank you for the info on DURKIN i missed the HCEA show this yr.now i can stop my search for those big RED MONSTERS for my project. i feel i can understand there reasons and respect that, just sorry to see a contractor of that size and history dissapear, another good piece of history gone. just one more regreat i actually was subcontracted to DURKIN in the mid 70s on the 191 bypas at the phily int airport and never thought of taking a single picture. i just wonder if they were sold off for scrap or if someone actually put them to work. i thank you for youre responce, have a great day. ts-24 frank

cat345bl

Occupation
Trucking Industry
Youre welcome Frank for the help, it is sad to see durkin fall, but I wonder if the new owners of their scrapers still have their red paint job or decals? Why did morrissey park those scrapers. A guy was telling me that morrissey still has 4 ac hd-41 with pusher blades on them at their main yard, along with 4 d9h's that where most likely to push those scrapers or the euclid blade-vayors. I am going to try to get pics of their 4 bv loaders still ad their yard lets see some pics.

ts-24 frank

Occupation
cat345bl; thanks again, you have given me so much info i will ck out the hd-41's, i think they are all parked on the fence line on the academy road exit of 95, the only ac i noticed was backed in to the far end of the shop. i will have to look closer a couple of weekends away. thanks again cat. i am going to get more info on the scrapers, and give me some time i will post pix, you were the one who told me where they were. thanks again. ts-24 frank

bigrus

Occupation
Joystick attendant
Replacement operator

Date 1980. 623B 250 hrs on the meter :eek:. It was repaired and still working at last report :)

Attachments

• Oh dear.JPG
    Oh dear.JPG
    59.8 KB · Views: 1,689

scraperboy222

Occupation
operator/trainer
ouch you would have to be happy with that.
that looks like a clark in the background on the left?

bigrus

Occupation
Joystick attendant
From the shame file (I was on a grader)

A couple of 110.15B's on fresh dirt & a bit soft (80's vintage) Unfortunately the old pics don't scan too well :beatsme

Attachments

• Clark 110.15B.jpg
    Clark 110.15B.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 2,089

DPete

Just saw this thread, great pics on pg.1, the 623 on pg. 2 w/o it's scraper, friend of mine had it happen on a 657 :eek: Thanks for the pics

Outside the box

saw some red iron

Hey TS-24 Frank i dont know if this will help you much on your search but there was some of that red iron listed on cleveland brothers cat website under used equipment there based out of Pa, there was some terex scrapers and some older dozers i rember the pics of the scrapers they were in the weeds and didnt look like they moved for a long time i looked before i posted this one dozer is still listed at the bottom of the dozer page but the scrapers are gone. I guess one of the used equipment salesmen could maybe tell you where those machines new home is at. hope that helped and i would just like to say hi to everyone here i just found this site LOVE IT !!:notworthy

ts-24 frank

Occupation
red iron

Hey TS-24 Frank i dont know if this will help you much on your search but there was some of that red iron listed on cleveland brothers cat website under used equipment there based out of Pa, there was some terex scrapers and some older dozers i rember the pics of the scrapers they were in the weeds and didnt look like they moved for a long time i looked before i posted this one dozer is still listed at the bottom of the dozer page but the scrapers are gone. I guess one of the used equipment salesmen could maybe tell you where those machines new home is at. hope that helped and i would just like to say hi to everyone here i just found this site LOVE IT !!:notworthy

outside the box; thanks i will try to get some info on that site, i will let you know how i do, thanks ts-24frank

bigrus

Occupation
Joystick attendant

scraperboy222

Occupation
operator/trainer
Hi Russ

From memory the number was 224B168
A cane farmer from Ayr bought it new from Morgan Equipment we bought it from him i do not remeber what year but it had 6000hrs when we got it.
We sold it about three years ago to a property owner north west of Hughenden.

Bevan.

Attachments

• misc 069.jpg
    misc 069.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 1,906
  • misc 068.jpg
    misc 068.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 1,927
  • misc 067.jpg
    misc 067.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 1,911
  • misc 066.jpg
    misc 066.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 1,891

ts-24 frank

Occupation

outside the box; thank you for the info, i ck it out yesterday and spoke to the cleaveland bro salses person. she said that they had the red ts-24s listed with them for the lenth of the consingment and then sold them back to durkin because he must have had a buyer for them, i asked if she might know where they might have gone from there, i explained i just wanted to photograph them before it is too late. so i guess i will just have to wait untill someone tells me they have seen the big red monsters somewhere, i dont feel comfortable contacting mike durkin again, i feel like i am imposing at this point. so if anyone sees the big red monsters anywhere please let me know, i feel i would be willing to travel to take pix of them, hopefully before they meet the tourch. too much of our history is already gone, just like the ts-32s in these pictures. it feels so good to know there are others out there who love this stuff as much as i do. i got some real good shots of some cat ADTs the other day the guy was verry acomadating, i will try to post when i get more time off from work, thanks again. ts-24 frank