• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Scrapers for the big boys !!!!

qball

Occupation
local 150 operator
and, silver spade II is cutting finish.

tctractors

In the U.K. we have the real big kit on road jobs,the biggest Dragline is the "Finnigan" its fitted with a 1 1/2 Acre Bucket and a Mile and a half Boom, that can dig formation "crack on".
If you can get £2 a cube shifting muck short haul (1/4 Mile or less) you would be doing well in the U.K.

tctractors

mitch504

Real Earthmoving

Man, you guys don't know nothing, do you? In SC we'd do a job like that with a half dozen directional drills and a skidsteer.

We go in with the drills and spend a couple weeks drilling very precise holes and setting very precise shaped charges; then BOOM!. The explosion blows all the material into place to a tenth of an INCH. Then, we make one pass over the whole job with the skidsteer and a Harley Powerrake to settle any errant clods, and we're done.:D

Gavin84w

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't a 5230 like 350 ton? If your movin dirt with that kinda iron on a road job... its time for a lot more than triple 7's.

Around 320 ton Burnout, Gilbert Southern used 5230 & 789,s on a big NC road job in the states a number of years back, huge cuts and fills in rough country, 89,s with 200 ton on do a great job of compaction!!

Used to be a great set of pics on some site and i was less puter literate then and did not know how to copy em and i think the site is now gone.

STOP PRESS!!!! Try this http://www.kiewit.com/projects/transportation/i26-mars-hill.aspx

Last edited:

ih100

In the U.K. we have the real big kit on road jobs,the biggest Dragline is the "Finnigan" its fitted with a 1 1/2 Acre Bucket and a Mile and a half Boom, that can dig formation "crack on".

tctractors

That's my mount there, Tony- £90/hr plus greasing plus travel plus the lodge.

Damn, my brother's hijacked my account again.

tctractors

This Muck-shift has gone way off line with no hope of earning any "Folding" coins;);) I loved the Drill and Blast method, as its all done in a Flash:cool:

Blowing it on tctractors

Burnout

Occupation
Operator at Sureway Construction
You guys... are all off base here. I once... BY MYSELF moves 1.64 milliion cubes of dirt at $ 4.27 a cube in 6 weeks with a salad fork, panty hose and 5 gallon pail.

You may ask why the panty hose?... Because when doing something fantastic, you gotta look good.

Cat Wrench

You guys... are all off base here. I once... BY MYSELF moves 1.64 milliion cubes of dirt at $ 4.27 a cube in 6 weeks with a salad fork, panty hose and 5 gallon pail.

You may ask why the panty hose?... Because when doing something fantastic, you gotta look good.

One time I was real tired and went to bed. I fell right to sleep and dreamt that I was eating a giant marshmallow………………………….

……………………………when I woke up my pillow was missing.

OCR

Occupation
Rancher/Farmer, Wildland Fire Fighter, State snowp
One time I was real tired and went to bed. I fell right to sleep and dreamt that I was eating a giant marshmallow………………………….

……………………………when I woke up my pillow was missing.
↑ ↑ ↑ :lmao ↑ ↑ ↑​

OCR... LOL

Last edited:

mitch504

Man, I HOPE you wore something over those pantyhose!

I once had an all-girl bikini-clad drill crew.

Last edited:

d4c24a

come on then pictures :D

EGS

Occupation
Local 139 operator

That is one of the funniest things I have read in a long time!