• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Scrap solder

Ct Farmer

I have about 400 lbs of 50/50 lead/tin solder from a wave soldering machine that I want to scrap/sell and don't think my local guy is doing me any favors. I am seeing close to $4 a pound online and he is barely offering $3. Stuff is in 20lb ingots as molded from the machine.

Am I getting taken for a ride or would you consider this a decent offer? What would you consider a good offer ? Northeast USA if you can suggest any place around here.

Thanks for the input.

Delmer

That doesn't sound too bad to me. You could get more from selling it to individuals, but that's a lot more work to retail it.

Ct Farmer

I found a guy 60 miles away that will pay more based on scan from his XRF. My local guy doesn't have an XRF so that is why I think his offer was low. Gotta cover his risk.

Got a lot of copper and some e-scrap to sell so it is worth the trip.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
I sold all my Lead stock(five pound blocks FIL had stored forever) to a Fishing supplies guy. He makes Trot Line/Limb Line sinkers and cannot get quality material to make the replacements, eyes lit up for the OLD Lead.