1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Scissor Lifts

Discussion in 'Safety Issues' started by Nige, Oct 18, 2012.

1. Nige

Nige Senior Member

Oh I don't think I need help ............. I'm sure that I'm a devious enough barsteward on my own .........

2. CM1995

CM1995 Super Moderator

Running what I brung and taking what I win
    I love irony...:cool2:D

3. willie59

willie59 Super Moderator

Service Manager

And the old dog sits on the porch and watches the young pup yap and chase his tail. :cool:

4. Dualie

Dualie Senior Member

I think every safety mans vest should say " Hello my name is safety tool. I dont know anything about how you do your job or why, but my book says your doing it wrong."

5. CM1995

CM1995 Super Moderator

Running what I brung and taking what I win
    LOL Dualie, also need a vest that says "Inspector".:rolleyes:

6. FarmerAlex

FarmerAlex Well-Known Member

Engineer (AT UNI), Heavy equipment owner/ operator
    Why was he allowed to be around the lift and whats more calling out suggestions. I would have thought that unless something manifestly unsafe was happening, he should not be interfering with the personnel trying to coordinate such a task.

Just my 2c :)

7. oldtanker

oldtanker Senior Member

Ret
    We had a civilian employee who worked for training evaluations at Ft Knox while I was teaching Armor tactics to new officers. The guy was changing how we evaluated the students about every 90 days. He took a leave of absents so he could take another college course. While he was gone all the major commands had us instructors write new evaluation standards for our students. They did an eval on that, found that the standards were higher yet were still fair. When the guy returned his job had been cut! Kinda sounds like some of the safety guys out there. Coming up with new ideas to justify thier position.

rick