• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Saved from scrap

BKrois

Charter Member
Occupation
Multi purpose
Found out about this 955H recently near me. Had been sitting for 10 years, typical "ran when parked". Some fresh fuel, batteries and a new starter(bendix wouldn't engage) and it fired up. Someone slammed the wrong sprockets on that's on the list. Its a powershift with hand/foot steering

Attachments

• IMG_9048.jpg
    IMG_9048.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 1,119
  • IMG_9051.jpg
    IMG_9051.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 1,154

RZucker

Occupation
Mechanic/welder
It happens. Case/Poclain excavators. Order sprockets for a 160, and find out you have a 180 undercarriage. Then you find out the ones you need are no longer available. Torch time. I don't miss that thing at all.

BKrois

Charter Member
Occupation
Multi purpose
They cut an inch off each of the teeth so it would clear hitting one of the guards. its wants to throw the tracks, they're probably not the right pitch either.

RZucker

Occupation
Mechanic/welder
They cut an inch off each of the teeth so it would clear hitting one of the guards. its wants to throw the tracks, they're probably not the right pitch either.
The sprockets may be the right ones. The tracks are more than likely wrong.

CatGrader

Occupation
Grader Operator
Good old tracktors them. With a good operator they will still give the new stuff a run for there money. ***~