• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Sany

Kenskip1

Hello. Yes it has been a while since my last post. However, I have seen first hand a Sany mini excavator. The welds were first rate, it had a Yanmar engine in it. I believe the model was a 16 or something close to it. Has anyone had any dealings with this brand? Is this a clone from China? Thanks, Ken

crane operator

Sany are chinese. We just got a "dealer" here in town, its actually a guy that came to town and parked 6-7 of them in a lot- various sizes. He's renting them out. I talked to one guy that rented one, and he said it looks a lot better than what it actually runs like. They were happy to send it back off rental, and weren't interested in buying it.

I have no use for anything built by the chinese, and spend as little money with them as I possibly can. They've made it clear what they think about freedom and democracy, and I have no idea why we've outsourced all our manufacturing and pharmacutical production to a country that's declared its interest in our destruction.

f311fr1

Local middle TN dealer told me that if I bought a new one from another dealer they would not service it. Scratch Sany

Kenskip1

So, take a look at this! I value all your opinions however there are many positive remarks regarding this brand.

crane operator

I value all your opinions however there are many positive remarks regarding this brand.

It's a video put on youtube by SANY. I guess if someone is going to put out positive press, you would hope sany would like their own machine.

You asked what word on the street was, and real user impressions aren't good. If you want one, buy one. No one here is stopping you.

Kenskip1

It's a video put on youtube by SANY. I guess if someone is going to put out positive press, you would hope sany would like their own machine.

You asked what word on the street was, and real user impressions aren't good. If you want one, buy one. No one here is stopping you.

Sir, your harsh reply has me puzzled. Anyway my choice would be more than likely a John Deere or a Bobcat. Model is still yet to be determined. I do not care for this country of origin. BTW, this happens to be a clone of another company that I will not name. (caterpillar)

Detroit Diesel, question. What is the firing order of a 6-71 right hand drive? What is the firing order of a 6-71 left hand drive? Are these engines available with 4 valves per cylinder? I grew up in New Jersey on the Atlantic coast and I am still missing there sound. One note, we had a 12-71 run away on us. Fortunately we were able to shut it down before serous damage was done. Limped back to the dock on one engine. Boy was my father pissed.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
So, take a look at this! I value all your opinions however there are many positive remarks regarding this brand.

That's probably one of the worst solutions looking for a problem I've seen in a long time. Who wouldn't want their hammer to double as a manual thumb?:rolleyes:

If I were the Sany marketing team I would find a better operator for the next Frankenstein invention they come up with.

Kenskip1

So, if Sany is such a bad machine how come they are selling? They have a Yanmar engine, they use the same hydraulic system as Yanmar. What is so bad? How can anyone match the 5 year 5000 hour warranty from front to back. There are many favorable reviews of these machines. Before someone makes a fuss I would like to know if they had any time operating one. The word on the street is not going to cut it in my world. People want to make a living. If they are able to save a few K in there purchase then so be it. Yes I am aware of the countries labor practices but there is not a lot that we are able to do about this. The bottom line is unless you have had any personal experience running one, why not give one a try before bad mouthing one.. One person can bad mouth something but unless he has a genuine complaint then this is irrelevant. If the machine has a flaw then lets hear about it. I would like to read facts. Not someone's word of mouth. The person doing the complaining could be a veteran operator, or some young kid knowing little or nothing about machinery.

Orlando

They are absolute junk and anyone buying one deserves the rubbish they get, they fall to pieces very, very quick and have absolutely no resale value... your a fool if you buy one just like anything chinese!

Orlando

And yes have had first hand experience with the junk, run for miles from these pieces of crap!

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
So, if Sany is such a bad machine how come they are selling? They have a Yanmar engine, they use the same hydraulic system as Yanmar. What is so bad? How can anyone match the 5 year 5000 hour warranty from front to back. There are many favorable reviews of these machines. Before someone makes a fuss I would like to know if they had any time operating one. The word on the street is not going to cut it in my world. People want to make a living. If they are able to save a few K in there purchase then so be it. Yes I am aware of the countries labor practices but there is not a lot that we are able to do about this. The bottom line is unless you have had any personal experience running one, why not give one a try before bad mouthing one.. One person can bad mouth something but unless he has a genuine complaint then this is irrelevant. If the machine has a flaw then lets hear about it. I would like to read facts. Not someone's word of mouth. The person doing the complaining could be a veteran operator, or some young kid knowing little or nothing about machinery.

Kenship what is your affiliation with Sany?

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
Don't know that I can comment on the brand so long as I don't know anyone who has purchased one yet. I do have some experience dealing with items purchased from China and dealing off and on with some Chinese business people. Cheating and lying to people in a lot of cases in China is seen as being clever. Take that any way you want. As for the machine, time will tell whether or not it will survive in this market.