1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

SANY Excavators

Discussion in 'Excavators' started by pomanski, Jul 18, 2007.

1. pomanski

pomanski Member

We are new kids on the block with heavy equipment from China. Looking for soem feedback or questions on SANY.

Further, say you were going to buy a unit what questions would you need answered. What would it take to prove our point on the questions.

Looking for some help?

2. biggixxerjim

biggixxerjim Senior Member

does it make General Tso's???

3. CM1995

CM1995 Super Moderator

Running what I brung and taking what I win
    I prefer Kung Pao chicken - no peanuts.:D

4. Grader4me

Grader4me Senior Member

:eek: My god :eek: :D Hang in there pomanski...We like to share some good humor before it gets into the serious stuff. Welcome to the forum!

5. Countryboy

Countryboy Senior Member

Load Out Tech. / Heavy Equipment Operator / Locomo
    Welcome to HEF pomanski! :drinkup

6. Jeff D.

Jeff D. Senior Member

Yes, welcome Pomanski!!:drinkup

I don't know if it's allowed since you're a dealer, but if so, could you post a link to pics/info on the machines so we could see them?

Might be able to decide what questions we'de have better then.:beatsme

7. Wulf

Wulf Senior Member

Yaaa... :) I'm old enough to remember the same jokes about Toyota and Sony ;)

8. Countryboy

Countryboy Senior Member

Load Out Tech. / Heavy Equipment Operator / Locomo
    Well, it appears your help is pretty easy on the eyes. :D

Dealer support.jpg
    link

Here's a couple questions pomanski: What makes your equipment better than the big names out there? How is your after-purchase support? How many dealers and repair places are in your network? These are some of the bigger questions you should expect to be asked although there are plenty more.

I personally have never heard of that brand. Are yall trying to break into the equipment market?

hoe.jpg
    link

9. 9420pullpan

9420pullpan Senior Member

why cant they have a few more ladies like that at the Con-Expo

10. Dickie

Dickie Active Member

I'd certainly consider taking the risk of new-market machines. Along with the questions pointed out previously, I'd also like to know what sets Sany apart from the other Chinese-manufactured equipment available to me (JonYang, Yuchai, etc.). Who is the engine manufacturer, as well? I think many people, myself incuded, would be hesistant to pull the trigger on a new machine without a reputable engine in it. Just a thought, and good luck in this venture!

11. LowBoy

LowBoy Senior Member

Owner, Iron Mountain Iron & Equipment (Transport)

I'm sure they've done their R&D in the marketplace, and most likely are powered by a common mill like Mitsubishi, etc.

Can't be any more different than taking a risk on a Holla excavator...:beatsme Pumps, components, etc. are usually commonplace as well.

12. Dickie

Dickie Active Member

Oh, I am sure you are right, heaven knows that the Cummins 5.9 sure gets around! But I have seen a few units with engine/component makers that I cannot even pronounce. ;) As stated prior by someone else, after-sale support I think would be A1 important (and judging by your 'assistants' you've nailed the pre-sale support, hehe).

Last edited: Jul 18, 2007
  13. LowBoy

LowBoy Senior Member

Owner, Iron Mountain Iron & Equipment (Transport)

If I were to buy one of these Sany's...do I get one of those "support people" for a spotter? If so, where do I sign?:beatsme

14. BrianHay

BrianHay Senior Member

15. pomanski

pomanski Member

What is special about SANY

Few things I think make the equipment sort of stand out relative to other Heavy Machine guys out of Asia.

1. They use standardized internationally recognized compopnets in the assembly of the machine

a) Tier3 American Cummins Egine
    b) Kawasaki Hydraulics
    c) Siemens Controls
    many more item but here are just a few

2. SANY is almost anal rententive about the quality of the machines, we need to get them infront of people. Anybody so far that has seen or been behind the controls have been impressed or very satisfied

3. pricing reflects the low assebly costs out of China

4. In foreign markets they have a very goos reputation where the machines are put to much harder use than here.

5. We are looking at outside service as well we have an internal SANY trained mechanic

16. cat320

cat320 Charter Member

let them send out a loader for the winter. that will get the name out there .

17. surfer-joe

surfer-joe Senior Member

Yep! The eye candy looks pretty good. The ladies aren't bad neither...