• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Sage 100 Contractor Software??

Bliz

Occupation
Excavator/Logger
Having outgrown QuickBooks, I am researching construction accounting software to replace it. Does anyone have any experience, good or bad, with Sage 100 Contractor? I know it's pricey, but I have found over the years, you usually get what you pay for. Thanks for any help.

rudy116

I am a shell contractor. I looked at Sage, Foundation, Jonas, and CMiC. ALL of them are lightyears ahead of QuickBooks.

I ended up going with Jonas Premier. The cost was good, it does accounting and project management like submittals and RFI's, etc. It's also cloud based so I can log in from any computer anywhere in the world and don't need a server and all the maintenance that goes with it. CMiC is also cloud based and very good as well. I've had Jonas for over two years and I think it's great for subcontractors. IMO it is lacking a little bit in how it handles subcontractor billing but if you self perform most of your work, you probably won't notice.

You can get a really good look at all of them before buying as they will all give you demos on GoToMeeting. Just make sure you put some thought into exactly what you're looking for so you can ask the right questions.

Bliz

Occupation
Excavator/Logger
rudy116,
Thanks for your response and info. I have had a demo with Sage and it seems good, but I have heard their support is horrible. I am also looking at Foundation Software which integrates well with my estimating software, B2W. I have a demo scheduled with them on Tuesday. Also, I got info on Etek, which looks good, but I don't think it's in the same league as Sage and Foundation. If Foundation looks like what will work for me, I'll probably go with that as a friend has it and loves it. I guess I'll look at Jonas as well.

rudy116

You will be impressed with foundation. It has a lot of cool features and the look is nice. If I remember correctly though, it is the most expensive by far.

Bliz

Occupation
Excavator/Logger
rudy116,
The single user cost of Sage 100 Contractor was between $10,000.00-$15,000.00, depending on how much training is required. Sage sells through resellers and the information you get on which modules you actually need and the amount of training they say you need is night and day different from one to the next. Foundation is $8,000.00 for the core and $1,000.00 per special module. I am guessing I'll need one module for a list price of $9,000.00. Their price includes 40 hours of remote training or at their site. A friend of mine has a concrete company that does 10 million plus a year and operates with only the core program. I have no idea yet what Etek costs.