• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Safety !

AtlasRob

Occupation
owner operator
This is what happens afterwards !
Because there is no written method statement in place, I am not allowed to lift anything.
The last lift I did 2 weeks ago was to place these two rollers the other side of the slot drain. Today I needed them back this side !!!

Attachments

• res 007.jpg
    res 007.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 499
  • res 008.jpg
    res 008.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 488
  • res 009.jpg
    res 009.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 492

bear

Occupation
Math, Physics, keeping out of trouble and doing od
Squizzy?

Check out the middle pic amigo. He was prolly moving in the other 'uns. Hows the weather down under today? Bout 75 f here. (You can tell me in metric conversion no prob) :D

MKTEF

Occupation
Production manager
Here by us a exc is only allowed to lift stuff related to its work.:)
Meaning: U can lift concrete pipes, plastic pipes and other stuff u need down in the ditch.
Sertified hook on the exc and a sertified chain/hooks is also needed.:rolleyes:

So u can lift a smal vibrating plate down the ditch, but not those u have there....:confused:

AtlasRob

Occupation
owner operator
Did that Palfinger lift those rollers without the stabiliser legs down?

As spotted by Bear, the legs were down, again that causes a bit of debate as the method statement calls for both legs max extension. HOW ? Look at the QMbarrier the other side! and the excavation this side :beatsme

Check out the middle pic amigo. He was prolly moving in the other 'uns. Hows the weather down under today? Bout 75 f here. (You can tell me in metric conversion no prob) :D

Here by us a exc is only allowed to lift stuff related to its work.:)
Meaning: U can lift concrete pipes, plastic pipes and other stuff u need down in the ditch.
Sertified hook on the exc and a sertified chain/hooks is also needed.:rolleyes:

So u can lift a smal vibrating plate down the ditch, but not those u have there....:confused:

In the UK, IF you have a certified lifting lug, overload warning device, duty chart ( radius / height / weight chart ), and certificated and checked lifting gear ( chains, slings etc ) You can lift anything within reach / capacity :D
UNLESS, the site has experienced a major mishap, in which case you also need about 8 sheets of paper and a qualified/trained banksman slinger. :Banghead

Hence the title to the thread :)

Forgot to mention, the driver of the Hiab insisted on strapping the load, which is what they were doing at the third pic.
He then pulled forward 40yds and unloaded it for me :cool2

95zIV

Occupation
RR Contractor Super.
As spotted by Bear, the legs were down, again that causes a bit of debate as the method statement calls for both legs max extension. HOW ? Look at the QMbarrier the other side! and the excavation this side :beatsme

In the UK, IF you have a certified lifting lug, overload warning device, duty chart ( radius / height / weight chart ), and certificated and checked lifting gear ( chains, slings etc ) You can lift anything within reach / capacity :D
UNLESS, the site has experienced a major mishap, in which case you also need about 8 sheets of paper and a qualified/trained banksman slinger. :Banghead

Hence the title to the thread :)

Forgot to mention, the driver of the Hiab insisted on strapping the load, which is what they were doing at the third pic.
He then pulled forward 40yds and unloaded it for me :cool2

So Rob,

You mean a pick like this wouldn't go over well there? The picture with the boom laid over the body was where I was moving from the loading point to the unloading point.

http://www.letstalksnow.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11177

Last edited:

bear

Occupation
Math, Physics, keeping out of trouble and doing od
Ok

On another look the rear legs aren't down in the second pic. Didn't mention the extension of the front. It isn't out there very far. Can understand why though. Was there no way to drive the roller to the next site? I figure something wsa in the way. Heck was it the same side of the road? Thanks for the pics. That looks like a busy stretch of road where is it? Are you the Rob on the side of the truck?

AtlasRob

Occupation
owner operator
On another look the rear legs aren't down in the second pic. Didn't mention the extension of the front. It isn't out there very far. Can understand why though. Was there no way to drive the roller to the next site? I figure something wsa in the way. Heck was it the same side of the road? Thanks for the pics. That looks like a busy stretch of road where is it? Are you the Rob on the side of the truck?

I have never seen the rear legs down while doing a lift with the Hiab. Driver probably doesn't know they are there :D.
The rollers were trapped as the concrete slot drain is not parallel to the tarmac. I only needed them lifting to the truck side of the drain, but the truck did not have room to place it back down again without shifting forward.
Ye it is a busy road it is the M25 around London and this section is having a lane added in each direction and the old steel barrier replaced with a concrete one.
The ROB on the duck is me, :drinkup