• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

safe driving

mtb345

Occupation
heavey equipment operator
its been a sad week for the company i work for one our truck driver was killed early this week he was bobtailing he took an off ramp on to the hiway lost control of the rig smash head into a wall of stone he was a good guy to work with he was 35 yrs old

Lashlander

Sorry for your loss. Life can sure change in an instant. Its tough on a company when one of their guys gets killed. My thoughts are with you.

Steve Frazier

Founder
Staff member
Sorry to hear of your loss.

I never liked bobtailing, it always made me nervous especially in rain. The springs aren't carrying the load they were designed and are very bouncy. The same thing with the brakes, they are super touchy. It was always a battle to keep the truck pointed in the right direction.

LowBoy

Occupation
Owner, Iron Mountain Iron & Equipment (Transport)
its been a sad week for the company i work for one our truck driver was killed early this week he was bobtailing he took an off ramp on to the hiway lost control of the rig smash head into a wall of stone he was a good guy to work with he was 35 yrs old

Sorry to hear it, mtb...unfortunately, such a young guy was lost in a freak accident. Never know...

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
I am sorry for your loss and condolences to the family, co-workers and friends. Losing a family member, friend or co-worker leaves a void that is never filled. Thoughts and prayers.

DigDug

Sorry to hear that mtb. Bobtailing keeps me sure makes me nervous.