• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Sad situation here in the UK

Dozerboy

Occupation
Operator
My heart goes out to all of those affected.

I hate when they quot some idiot in a story like this that says he feared for his safety a week ago...

Tracklayer

I have been following the news of this collapse since it happened, and it seems that the news has tapered off after some initial controversy about a delay in recovering the victims. One thing that I have noticed is that all of photos seem to fail to convey the true size of the structure.

Today, there is a news article that says that several workers had complained to their bosses that the demolition preparation work was unsafe, and actually predicted a premature collapse. The preparation work involved cutting support columns in order to weaken the structure to better assure that the demolition implosion would bring down the building evenly. The article says that workers had reported that support structure had been observed to have moved and buckled in the cutting process.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...head-demolition-said-feared-somebody-die.html