• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Sad finals

sandy

Occupation
diesel mechanic
thought some of you would be interested,
30 ton samsung 11,000hrs had new chains and sprockets earlyer this year
got slower and slower in the drive ,has been used to load truck last few months

Attachments

• Photo1140.jpg
    Photo1140.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 883
  • Photo1143.jpg
    Photo1143.jpg
    164.9 KB · Views: 880
  • Photo1144.jpg
    Photo1144.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 875
  • Photo1145.jpg
    Photo1145.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 867
  • Photo1147.jpg
    Photo1147.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 884
Last edited:

RDG

Occupation
Multi skilled plant operator for 40+yrs
Oh my bit of an Iron ore mine in there by the looks of it. Not good for the hrs its done.

stock

Occupation
We have moved on and now were lost....
Be jeazus put in a few rods an' she be rite to flog 'er off.

YELLOMTLMILITIA

Did you have to much track tension on the old undercariage?? Ive seen a couple finals like that because people keep trying to jack them out when the rails get sloppy and the finals start making excessive metal

powerjoke

Occupation
owner/operator/estimator/mechanic/grunt/ditchdigge
Looks fine to me,....where do you buy bearings with egg shaped inner race's?? ;)

I wouldnt think that track tension would have anything to do with the final drive gears....they dont carry any weight or tension.

pj

sandy

Occupation
diesel mechanic
Did you have to much track tension on the old undercariage?? Ive seen a couple finals like that because people keep trying to jack them out when the rails get sloppy and the finals start making excessive metal

We have a workshop manager who believes that tracks have to be real tight
otherwise they will come off :beatsme

finaldrive

Occupation
Business Owner
Hey. Thousand of excavators are being scrapped because the final drives, swing gears, belts and hydraulic pumps are broken. Google these parts and you will find chinese and indian produsers. Original parts? Ewerything is rebranded and relabeled in the west. Hundreds of percents overpriced. Most producers sell down to one piece right to you. Import the parts you want and save your old machine. tradekey. global sources. alibaba. ........

Good luck with that...it's my job to research and develop product lines and I can tell you that 90% of the people you find on alibaba and other websites don't have any product knowledge of what you need and even less inventory..lol
They try to broker the cheapest thing they can find. You get what you pay for. Trust me, I've brought samples over and it went right in the round file.
There are certain things to check for on a supplier. I know these things, it's my job.
Be careful out there everyone.

p.s. I noticed you copied the same message into several different valid discussions here. Don't think you're going to hijack a thread here :)

YELLOMTLMILITIA

Looks fine to me,....where do you buy bearings with egg shaped inner race's?? ;)

I wouldnt think that track tension would have anything to do with the final drive gears....they dont carry any weight or tension.

pj

Having trouble with your drive? Don’t know how to check and service it? Need advice? We’re here to help.

This page covers routine maintenance, what to do and when to do it. The links on the left will take you through troubleshooting if problems occur, removal and replacement and how to identify and connect the hydraulic lines correctly.

Routine Maintenance

Always follow the original machine manufacturers procedures where available. The advise we give is general and can not take into account all working conditions or any particular use.

Service Intervals
Periodically check the oil level (about once a month) and top up if necessary
We recommend the following every 250—500 hours or at least once a year depending on usage.
What to do
Change the oil. Drain the gearbox oil while it is hot so that it is easier to drain
Check that there are no metallic parts in the oil.
Re-fill the gearbox with new oil. It is usual to fill the gearbox approximately half full — See panel. .
Do not mix different types of oil .
Check for leaks. Pay particular attention to the main hub mechanical seal (Floating Seal) found between the sprocket and track frame. If oil is found leaking from here it can be indicative of more serious problems so stop the machine and have the seal changed at once.
((((((Check the track tension, a tight track chain puts strain on the hub bearings and can lead to premature gearbox failure.)))))))))
Tip: The life of a final drive gearbox is generally proportional to the frequency of its oil changes.

finaldrive

Occupation
Business Owner
Here we go...
These are not factory direct.
I had to sign up for that alibaba site because we had so many customers telling us about how cheap it was and how when they received the product it was either incorrect or only lasted a couple months.
Once on there I noticed that majority of the photos being used to adverstise were photos that I personally took! There is even a company in the Netherlands that still uses the photo that I took, back in 2007, on their advertising. I started putting a watermark on any and all photos of our product. Misreprensentation is out of control on these sites for "factory direct China product"
There are some factories that do produce a good product for a good price. The good price comes with volume orders, just like any factory. I deal with 4 different ones in China and they are very good to work with. (they're all ISO certified too)
Again, be careful out there.

powerjoke

Occupation
owner/operator/estimator/mechanic/grunt/ditchdigge
((((((Check the track tension, a tight track chain puts strain on the hub bearings.)))))))))

See, thats what I am thinking ;)

an extremely extremely tight track may labor the machine a little harder to travel and EVENTUALLY wear finals but it would have to be several sets of U/C i would think. And thats only
IF it were tight enough to wear and fail the hub bearings and the drive axle was running mis-aligned with the planet gears. and then I wouldnt figure that Planet Carrier bearings would be the first to go south ;)

I am saying a track that is a little over tight won't hurt anything INTERNAL the gearbox (not talking about any other component on the U/C)

Pj