1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

S7 euclid

Discussion in 'Scrapers' started by mog5858, Jun 5, 2016.

1. Questionable wizard

Questionable wizard Active Member

Experience has a direct correlation between the number of screw ups and mistakes and how much you learn from them. My only point here as I have been the master of screw ups. I mistakenly pulled many components too soon, only to find if I'd checked or tested something further, removal could have been prevented.
    Your clutch packs are fed by oil, compressing a piston, thus squeezing the plates and separator discs together. Not completely familiar with your exact situation, was there a way to swap valves from a good clutch pack to a problem one? To rule out a damaged o ring on the clutch pack piston? Swapping would let you see if the problem moves with the valves.
    As you have the transmission out, I'd go ahead and pull it apart, inspecting everything. Check your discs for material coming off of them. Straight edge the separator plates for warping. Your on a budget, so you won't make it new. You can allow for some worn parts to go back together as log as the wear is non-issue for your level of use. Torque converters are rebuildable. Maintaining a good bearing to hold the impeller the proper distance from the stator is imperitive. A worn bearing will cause the convertor to slip more creating more heat. Heat kills transmissions. A worn transmission pump will kill them too once the oil gets hot and thins out. The pump may put out enough volume when at lower operating temperatures. Once hot you'll be short enough volume/pressure to keep the clutch packs smashed together. Don't be afraid to run a 10W C-3 or C-4 oil rather than a 5W ATF.

DoyleX likes this.
  2. Questionable wizard

Questionable wizard Active Member

I'd also recommend finding a salvage transmission to practice on or combine the best parts of two into one.

3. DoyleX

DoyleX Senior Member

Lever Puller, Gear Jammer, Pipe Twister
    Yes that works great for a bench test. Listen for different volumes of air leaking.