• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

ScottP

Occupation
Shop Forman/Lead Technician/Truck Driver
hello friends got an issue with a S45 that has me stumped at the moment. it wont steer left or right unless i'm moving forward or reverse ,either way doesn't matter, and booming down all at the same time. that is the only way it will steer or that the way i got it loaded at job site to bring it in lol..ive checked voltages at the valve and getting 10v left and right not 12v. ive checked service manual for maybe a priority valve of some type in function manifold but no luck or i'm looking it maybe..spent the better part of the day on job site troubleshooting and could've overlooked it yesterday evening..any help would be appreciated..thanks in advance..and thanks for the forum it has been a lifesaver multiple times for me definitely

Vetech63

You can remove the hoses at a steering cylinder and stick a pressure gauge in it. You need to know what relief pressure you have to get you going in the right direction.

ScottP

Occupation
HEY THANKS FOR YOUR TIME HELPING ME WITH THIS ..ABOUT 2960PSI ON THE RELIEF PRESSURE.. I FOUND MY PROBLEM THOUGH..MAYBE YOU HELP EXPLAIN SOMETHING FOR ME..ONE OF MY COILS ON THE STEERING VALVE WAS BAD..I HAD PULLED THEM OFF AND CHECKED AT MY WORK BENCH WITH DC POWER SUPPLY FOUND ONE BAD REPLACED IT AND STEERING WORKS FINE NOW.,.MY QUESTION IS IF ONLY ONE COIL WAS BAD WHY DID BOTH LEFT AND RIGHT FUNCTIONS NOT WORK WHEN IT FAILED

ScottP

Occupation
EXACTLY!? AND AS FAR AS I KNOW, NO FURTHER ISSUES WITH MACHINE TO DATE SO IDK