• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

S250

bobb

Occupation
Mechanic
I have an S250. Turn the key on, only the parking brake light goes on. Wait 10 seconds then the fuel gauge comes on and the temp gauge starts moving. Now you can start the engine, and operate the machine. If the fuel gauge doesent move there is no engine crank. If you wait ten minutes or so when you turn the key on all the lights in the right panel come on and stay on, even after starting the engine. Power going into the key switch (red wire) is battery voltage. When I turn the key on it drops to 8 or 9 volts. Same voltage coming out of the key switch (white Wire). Hour meter never comes on so I cant get any error messages or codes. What should I look for before getting raped by the dealer?

crewchief888

start at the battery cleaning every connection.

if that doesnt help, sounds like you have a bad LH panel.

:drinkup

bobb

Occupation
Mechanic
I did the battery thing. How can I test the panel?

crewchief888

I did the battery thing. How can I test the panel?

you cant as far as i know.

you already know at least part of the panel is bad ie: the display.

chances are theres something else going on as well.

bobb

Occupation
Mechanic
The backlight of the display comes on, there is just no readout. Could the left panel make all the lights in the right panel stay on? From what I understand, there is the left panel, the right panel , and the controller. Could my problem be in the controller? Also where can I find the controller?

crewchief888

The backlight of the display comes on, there is just no readout. Could the left panel make all the lights in the right panel stay on? From what I understand, there is the left panel, the right panel , and the controller. Could my problem be in the controller? Also where can I find the controller?

anything is possible with "sealed" electronics.
you can replace the panels yourself,
the controller can be replaced but will need to be programmed by a dealer.

bobb

Occupation
Mechanic
Where is the controller located? I would like to do a physical check on it.