• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

S185 This valve is pouring hydraulic oil.

Bobcat Crazy

Occupation
Environmental Services Director
This valve is pouring oil, not just leaking a little. Please see the pics I have attached, when I disassembled I didn't fine a seal in it. Is there supposed to be a seal in this part or is my problem deeper inside the valve body?

Thanks, B-CrazyBobcat Valve 1.JPG Bobcat Valve 2.JPG Bobcat Valve 3.JPG Bobcat Valve 4.JPG

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager

Bobcat Crazy

Occupation
Hey Willie59, let me just say again the your post and walk through of rebuilding the control valve was great! I got it back together today and everything was step by step just the way you had it outlined. Thanks again!

After completing the valve I was still losing a little fluid :eek: and finally found a pin hole in one of the steal lines. The local auto parts here makes custom hydraulic hoses so I had one made to replace the steal line. :)

All seemed to be going good when it got dark on me this evening, so tomorrow will tell the true story. But I hope :rolleyes: that I have now fixed all of the gremlins and brought this previously deceased machine back to life.

Thanks to everyone who has offered help and advice to help me with this project, it has been greatly appreciated.

Thanks All,
B-Crazy

Bobcat Crazy

Occupation
Hi All,
The machine runs and operates great. I ran it about 45 minutes yesterday in my back yard for some improved drainage. Once I got the yard torn up really good (much to my wife's displeasure :eek:) it blew a lift arm seal so the back yard is on hold at the moment (VERY MUCH to my wife's displeasure :()!!!

Hopefully tomorrow I can pick up the seals and rebuild the cylinder which is an easy fix if the seals are in stock. Then I hope that the other seals last long enough for me to get the back yard fixed before I rebuild the other cylinders. :)

If not the wife will have me frowning again :D.

Thanks All,
B-Crazy