• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Rustowner....New member, but long time follower from some valley in NY

Rustowner

Hi all. I'm a long time follower of this site and I have garnered a TON of good advice, common knowledge (I should have known) and great solutions to problems from reading the posts here. Finally took the time to register. I'm not that much of a participant, but would love to add my two cents here and there when I feel it maybe worth something. I figured that I had received a lot of excellent info from the members here and maybe its time to give some back. Always had a love for equipment since I was a kid and it has hung with me! I'm a long time wrench and welder (on pretty much everything....really) as well as a Jeep, truck and older equipment collector. Recently, I worked in the high end landscape and tree service/land clearing biz for a while until the bottom dropped. I realized that I had become a Heck of a lot older and not so spry, so time to keep it small and keep it all. I am currently running a "mini" excavation/land improvement company with some caretaking mixed in. With any luck, I'll be able to add a tid-bit of something useful here and there. Thanks for the advice and open sharing of info here. Its a great forum and I originally found it by happenstance; was looking for info on my early Allis D grader that was willed to me! Thanks, hello, and mucho thanks to all the regulars who take the time to post good info for us to absorb! Rustowner

RobVG

Occupation
17 excavators and a stewpot of other stuff
Welcome.

Look forward to your contributions.

tuney443

Occupation
excavating contractor
''my early Allis D grader that was willed to me!''

What did you do to the guy to **** him off that he willed you old Allis?????????????:D

Oh,I see you can't use the P word here---mmmmmm:rolleyes:

Rustowner

RonVG, thanks much. Likewise.

tuney443, this is a good question! It was better than the broken up 580ck backhoe he could have stuck me with! I guess that means he liked me....a little bit at least. I see we are pretty local to each other.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Welcome to the Forums Rustowner!:drinkup

tuney443

Occupation
excavating contractor
RonVG, thanks much. Likewise.

tuney443, this is a good question! It was better than the broken up 580ck backhoe he could have stuck me with! I guess that means he liked me....a little bit at least. I see we are pretty local to each other.

OK,I believe you,but I'm always in the middle of some valley--swale building,hiking--so you'll have to be a little more specific there rustowner.:D

Rustowner

CM1995, thanks for the welcome. I have seen you on here for years and appreciate your pragmatic and honest responses to the questions and topics that come on up here.

Tuney443, again, thanks for the welcome. I meant the middle of "that damn valley" , being the mid-Hudson. I'm on the "right" side of the river, just like you. Nice being equidistant between NYC cash and Albany trash. I really don't mean that, but it sounds good! We are a bit closer in proximity than I was alluding too, hence my comment. I'm right up on the Columbia/Dutch border now, but I believe I have met you years ago. I'm am just a young pup, but I remember people well enough....for the most part! You being the Skull finder and all, I have a pretty good idea who you are. Thanks again, look forward to adding 2 cents when it might be worth it.