1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Ruger makes it easy

Discussion in 'General Industry Questions' started by ironjunkie, Jan 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ironjunkie

ironjunkie Well-Known Member

Not sure where to post this, but please check out & spread it around if you like your guns!http://www.ruger.com/micros/advocacy/takeAction.html
    It writes a letter to all of your reps. concerning any new (limiting) gun laws. I just saw this on another forum and filled it out. Thanks

2. wnydirtguy

wnydirtguy Well-Known Member

Thanks for the link. Every bit helps

3. Jim D

Jim D Senior Member

equipment operator
    +1 (and some more words to make the post at least three characters long...)

4. gravelwasher

gravelwasher Active Member

mineral mining
    There is a gathering at all most every state capital on January 19 most of them are at noon. In some states it will be more of a protest than a gathering.

There are plans for monthly gatherings at the state capitals and at the White House from 7-4-13 to 7-6-13.

There is a wide spread thought that anyone can hide behind a sheet of paper, but if people go out of there way to show support for something people will listen. The thought is most people that want to show support will be able to make it to there state capitals.

A lot of the news is calling January 19 a gun appreciation day for people to go to gun stores and ranges. If you do a YouTube search for “ January 19, 2013 gun” you will see more of the real story.

5. willie59

willie59 Super Moderator

Service Manager
    Just a note to the members from the moderators, this thread is being monitored. This one is real muddy as it concerns the rules, not really political, more a "current events" issue here in the United States, but at the same time politics can not be discounted from this subject. It's our mission to be a website about Heavy Equipment, but, at times, other issues become a topic of public interest, this being one. As we wrangle this thread, concerning its validity here, this thread will remain open, but only with this admonishment, let's keep it civil and don't drag politics into this thread. ;)

6. Jim D

Jim D Senior Member

equipment operator
    willie,

There are no partisan politics in this thread, there are only actions in the defense of our existing civil rights, no? Our civil rights are good and just things.

7. Jim D

Jim D Senior Member

equipment operator
    Newspeak from Minitrue at Airstrip One!

(just kidding willie, really i was just kidding. No, not the rats. No!) (the last words of Winston Smith, on this forum...)

8. Hendrik

Hendrik Senior Member

Well I think this thread has served it's purpose, insofar as advertising a gun manufacturers attempt at influencing politics, which they are quite entitled to do.
    You wanna talk weapons, join a weapons forum.
    When the issue comes down to banning heavy equipment because someone built a kill dozer then we can discuss.

9. JGS Parts

JGS Parts Senior Member

Owner JGS Machinery
    Shouldnt this be moved to non industry related topics not general industry questions as i really cant remember last time i used an assault rilfe to fix my loader :D

10. JGS Parts

JGS Parts Senior Member

Owner JGS Machinery
    :thumbsup

11. digger242j

digger242j Administrator

Self employed excavator
    Politics don't have to be "partisan" though. If an issue cuts across party lines, but is still a matter of law that is to be decided by politicians, it is by definition "political".

It is our ratioanle in limiting political discussion that the ill feelings generated by heated exhanges over hot-button political issues can bleed over into the discussion of our primary focus, which is simply to discuss heavy equipment. That's counterproductive.

I can't respect that numbskull's opinion on high track dozers because he's got it so wrong about the right to bear arms.... :cool2

I think the few replies here following Willie's post are enough to demonstrate that this is an issue that can't be divorced from its political aspects. In the interest of consistent enforcement of the rules, I think it's best we stop here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.