• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

rubber tracked dozer

witchdoctor

Occupation
heavy equipment operator
i'm running a d4 sideboom that has rubber pads that bolt to the grousers if thats what you mean by rubber tracks. we use them to lay pipe from the road.

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
I know Komatsu offered the D20, maybe it was the D21, with rubber tracks. I know a contractor that builds homes has one. He uses it for finish dozing and can drive it around the new housing project on the paved roads to get to next site he needs to work and doesn't tear up asphalt doing so. Goes across concrete curbs without damaging them as well. For his work, he likes it really well. :)

QuickTrax

Those rubber tracks are very expensive for the D21. They cost more than new steel track groups. I have swapped a few rubber track machines back to the regular tracks. They are very convenient for getting around residential sites but very costly.

Dozerboy

Occupation
Operator
You can get a dozer blade for the larger track style skidsteers and it would be more versatile then a dozer.