• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Rotary laser level

treemuncher

Occupation
eatin' trees, poopin' chips
The only thing id see about running it on a blade is i cant seem to get a lot of volume on the reciever. Some kind of remote in the cab would solve that. It was just over 2200.00 .

That is where the Apache receiver works well with bright LED lights. You can also dim them for night work so that you don't get blinded. No need for audio feedback, even in bright daylight. I had not used my laser in a couple of years but I had to install a new septic system at my mother's house this past week and I also used it to touch up some gravel pad for her new place a month or so ago. Very glad that I still have it. Photo below is receiver magnetically clamped to grade bucket for final passes.
IMG_20200909_185032 alt.jpg

You can barely see the unit clamped to the arm above the bucket linkage in this photo where I was working the field lines. The bucket is stalled to full dump position, stick is near vertical and when the lights are solid, the receiver is plumb for consistent accuracy. The Roto-tilt sure made refilling of the ditches faster and easier.
IMG_20201211_132841 alt.jpg

skata

Yeah the visual receivers are a necessity in my opinion.
I've had a spectra cr600 for a long time. Has a magnet base that can be slapped on to the excavator boom. smallCase_CR600withLL500_Photo_003.jpg