• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Rookie mover

3axle01

Occupation
Heavy haul mover
Well thanks again guys for all the info,That second drawing looks like the way i want to run my chains, That would be the best way with the amount of chains I had,They only give me 6 chains and 8 binders to work with,But as i started to bitch moam and complain I finally got my way If i can only keep the other guys away from my stuff it might be a perfect world LOL,They ended up give me 8 1/2 g70 chains and 8 1/2 5/8 binders unfortunately i will not be working tell sunday or monday because the annal permit that i have is wrong. thats what the cahone scales said to the other driver on tueday,I guess the truck i'm driving the kinpin to last axle is over 40' and the total length is over 65 feet so they are bickering with caltrans right now with the permit measurements.How do they measurement out the 9 axle guys in socal ? my truck is itty bitty compared to a 9 axle

GPC

Occupation
Lowboy Driver/Dispatcher/Mechanic
I don't know about in CA but, in my state permitting for over length is no big deal. Just a telephone call to the permit office will normally get you what you need pretty quick.