• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Roller on .moldboard

Welder Dave

Has anyone ever mounted a roller on the moldboard? For my oval track I was thinking of making a roller with spikes that could be kind of quick attach. It would put holes in the clay to hold water. Tha grader would provide down pressure so it wouldn't need to be a large diameter. Would use large bearings though to handle the down force. Nice thing is it could be picked up.Would love a wobbly wheel on the back but they are expensive.

1693TA

Occupation
FAA Radar Engineer, (Retired)
The race track where I picked up those tractors has a small sheepsfoot foot roller they pull for the same purpose.

cuttin edge

Occupation
Finish grader operator
They cut up and old tow behind sheeps foot and wobbly wheel here for scrap a couple years ago. The tires off the wobbly wheel were actually in pretty good shape after sitting for all these years. They had a couple old buffalo asphalt rollers here, but they must have finally parted with them. There are a couple rubber tire asphalt rollers here as well still in the bull pen. They even hang onto old asphalt spreaders. Parts maybe?