• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Rockram concrete pulverizer

ror76a

Has anyone here used a Rockram hyd concrete pulverizer? I am looking at one to reduce broken concrete down to a size my crusher can handle, and to deal with rebar. This one looks like new, and the price is about the same as a used mechanical pulverizer, so I am wondering what the catch is?

JDOFMEMI

The catch is that they are made of lower quality steel and parts than the name brand processors like UB and the like. They will get the job done, but will require more welding and repairs to keep them going. They are a good alternative to the more rxpensive models to get started and earn enough to buy a good one.

I have one, and it is OK, but not great. I do a lot of work to it when I use it, but the price was right. If I used it all the time, I would buy a better one, but it gets the job done.

ror76a

Thats exactly what I was afraid the catch was going to be. Does anything break on it or is it more of a case of the jaws wearing down excessively and having to build them back up? It would probably work for me, because like you I wouldnt be using it all the time, just a matter of how much use it would get & break downs vs cost. If you don't mind, how much did you pay for yours? They are asking 11,500 for this one, here is a picture of it.View attachment rrimg.jpg

JDOFMEMI

That looks just like mine, except mine started life in blue instead of orange. It does the job, but wear is an issue, as is finding parts to seal the cylinder. I had to source them from Italy. Don't remember the supplier though. They are made from lower strength steel, part of the reason they are cheap. I had to completely rebuild the pivot point on the rod end, as the hole egg shaped itself. I also ended up building a whole new snout for it, as the first one wore itself off too short to grab anything with. Though it has had problems, it has made good money for me overall. That said, it has not been bad to use, just needing built up a lot. I usually cut new teeth out of cutting edge material and then cut the worn ones off flush then weld the new on. It seems faster than building them up.
If you buy it, source out parts for it right away, and buy a seal kit to have on hand, so you don't have a long wait when you do need it.

I think I paid about $8K at a RB auction for it. Based on that,$11.5K is not a bad number retail.

Check out the upcoming sales, as they pop up from time to time.