• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Rockford Clutch PTO

tuney443

Occupation
excavating contractor
Do you have excess runout or endplay in your bearings? Something is letting a stress load transfer to that point on the shaft. Does it get any impact loading dirt in the hopper from other parts of the machine?

No Bill,everything is tight,no endplay whatsoever,new housing and pilot shaft bearings,tight in their bores.If anything,I baby the machine,it gets loaded from my 3' backhoe bucket,it's designed for a 8' loader bucket,so no,with the grizzly, there is no heavy impact loading.

bdress1

I couldn't wait around any longer so I had my machine shop fix up my old shaft.Installed it yesterday,seems fine.I still do want to find another shaft though for a backup so if anyone knows where any of these old Royers or Rockford PTO's[PTA-5871] are,please give me a shout.

I have 2 Rockford clutches model PTO's [PTA_5871] please contact if interested.

tuney443

Occupation
excavating contractor
Well,since this last post I went through 2 more new shafts--Dave Kloner felt so bad for me he trusted me to pay later,I can't say enough good about the man.He even had an engineer from Rockford call me to figure things out.I did my own redneck re-engineering---moved the sheave off the troublesome shaft area in closer to the clutch to remove as much stress as possible,in doing so I had to remove 1 of the 5 belts since now the huge non adjustable flywheel sheave connected to the drive roller wouldn't line up, and I got some massive Cummins valve springs that I placed on the belt tightening adjustment studs to relieve the stress on the shaft when the belts try to overtighten when some dirt falls in the sheaves.

tuney443

Occupation
excavating contractor
do you still need one ? i have a compleat unit curintley
on a 4 cyl wisconsin motor you can have 250.00 tb

It's been running fine but I suppose it wouldn't hurt to have some spare parts kicking around.What exactly do you have and is it a PTA 5871?

tuney443

Occupation
excavating contractor
Do you still have the pta-5851 for a Rockford PTO
I could use one.

Steve 425-422-7792

Ummmm,Mr.tree-magnet,maybe you didn't notice this is my thread AND I just happened to also ask first here on this matter AND for what it's worth I am still waiting(check the previous request date by me) for a reply.

tree-magnet

Ummmm,Mr.tree-magnet,maybe you didn't notice this is my thread AND I just happened to also ask first here on this matter AND for what it's worth I am still waiting(check the previous request date by me) for a reply.

Sorry I didn't realize that you owned this thread. I saw you posted last on this 1 1/2 years ago. I did a search and found this, I have a broken PTO & need it fixed.

trevor b

treemagnet--the mod#isA589 & SER# IS 139582 & tuney443 on 04/15/2012 isent you a private message to you with the same info tks trevor b

Clif K&L Clutch

Occupation
Sales, Service and mechanic
Does anyone know of any parts dealers for Rockford clutch PTO's? I have an old [maybe 40 yrs. old] dry clutch PTO for my Royer topsoil shredder that I need a new shaft for.Or does anyone have any old units laying around or know of someone that does?

We can help with your Rockford needs.

Clifford K&L Clutch
817-267-0129
Authorized Rockford distributor

http://www.klclutch.com/