• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Rock Creek Ranch/C7S

hvy 1ton

Here is a few pics of my recent projects. The last Scott's Pines at my parents house died last fall. The stump grinder guy doubled his rates just stump grinding(his an arborist too), so out came the 450 to see how big a mess i could make. :D

Most of the pics involving the dozer are on the D40 so i'll give you some of the clean up.:pointhead

I did take this one with my phone when my buddy asked what i was up to.-he replied, "I Approve."
PIC_0015.jpg
Caption, I don't need a grapple bucket
PIC_0016.jpg
Butch with a said face b/c i stuck the 044, waiting for my little brother to get back with the tractor.
PIC_0019.jpg
Maybe i do need a grapple bucket. I honestly have no idea how all those branches are staying on the forks, even had a hard time getting the off.
PIC_0023.jpg
Good thing there are 16' gates everywhere. This one my brother mangaged to not point the camera directly at the sun.;)
PIC_0024.jpg

hvy 1ton

Couple more of the Fork full
PIC_0026.jpg

PIC_0027.jpg
Didn't get any more pics for a while, had to do real work. Moving this by hand is worse than shoveling.:;)
The pile is getting bigger
PIC_0028.jpg
Not gonna try pushing up with the tractor and forks. That's what the 450 is fore
PIC_0029.jpg

hvy 1ton

I got tired of the pot hole thats been building up at this tee. By the time i got done with dozen or so trips with the tractor, there was nowhere left to straddle it. I'm hoping that the water will collect at the bottom of this now instead of right where everybody turns. I would have kept going with this but there is a berm of dirt just as high as the dirt i stacked up plus a couple trees bigger than i feel comfortable trying to push with the dozer

I don't think i can impart how difficult this was. This dozer needs to be repinned badly. I'm gonna start hanging a five gallon bucket on the dozer to carry a grade in.:lmao Maybe if i ask real nice my dad will at least get the tilt pins fixed while their working on the steering issue. The blade shakes when i take a big cut.:eek:
PIC_0030.jpg
That dog is always getting in my pictures
PIC_0031.jpg
Pile-O-Stumps and Pile-O-Trees
PIC_0032.jpg

Last edited:

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Good grief, you mean there's a tractor hiding in all those branches? LoL, can't even hardly see it behind those piles. :D

With all the trees and brush around you, you could use a root grapple. :yup

Nic pics. :cool:

hvy 1ton

Department of Highway Saftey

just another at the office
DSC_0015.JPG
the grim reaper has arrived
Image058.jpg
saw this awesome parking job outside the Wagon Wheel
Image049.jpg

hvy 1ton

just another at the office
View attachment 71900
the grim reaper has arrived
View attachment 71903
saw this awesome parking job outside the Wagon Wheel
View attachment 71902

So, um, i didn't mean to post that yet. Dad was getting pushy to head back down for the last good day of hunting. The first pic is the inside of the elevated blind i built for my dad. He's gettin on in years so he didn't want to deal with ladders anymore. Interior includes carpet, office chairs and propane heater, it's even better than the duck blind. :drinkup My little brother has deemed it the "Department of Highway Safety" and i came up with the slogan "making roads safer one bullet at a time." Considering 80% of the accidents reported in the county involve a deer, it does have some truth to it. Second pic is me going to pick up a deer that got dropped. A ballistic tip 300WSM will do that.:eek: Thrid is a pic from the last football game of the year up on the Hill. The future of KU football looks dark, i liked the fat man. I might start posting this stuff in Showtime, seems traffic is pretty low here.