• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Rock Creek Ranch 2007

hvy 1ton

Here are some pictures from round baling brome and alfalfa this summer. Been woking on the ranch most of my life. Last two years i was my show to run, but now i'm just the back-up guy most of the year, college take to much time. You'd think as long as i've been doing this I wouldn't be allergic to hay pollen

Attachments

• Baling Alflafa.jpg
    Baling Alflafa.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 2,500
  • The Yard.jpg
    The Yard.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 2,510
  • Half the hay.jpg
    Half the hay.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 2,499

bobcat ron

Banned
Occupation
playing with the new 247 MTL
I knew there was a section missing here on HEF dedicated to all my fellow "cow people".

I concur! Tryed my hand at the yellow equipment for a little while, and I was back on the farm 2 months later. I guess you can take the boy off the farm but not the farm out of a boy.

Nice looking operation you got there Hvy1ton.

hvy 1ton

Woodstock, you go everything right except the 2 wheeler is a 2755. And there are always big bucks between the alfalfa and native grass fields.

hvy 1ton

Pictures aren't of my equipment
JD 7630, Hesston 15' hydroswing, Heston 3x4 baler
7630 baler.jpg

7630 baler(5).jpg

7630 baler(7).jpg

7630 mower (2).jpg

7630 trailer (3).jpg

Last edited:

hvy 1ton

Somehow Josh A's pictures wound up in the folder that's supposed to be of my cousins farm in Garnett, KS. I meant to post pics of my cousins stuff but when i got a new computer i most have misplaced them.

hvy 1ton

Gravel

Had 3 loads of gravel delivered today. For paying taxes every year the township will haul three loads of gravel at cost, free trucking. So it was time to hook up the shop built box blade to the 6400.
DSC_0080.jpg
These two i'm waiting for the last load
DSC_0081.jpg
First drive spread by the trucks
DSC_0078.jpg
Second spread
DSC_0079.jpg
Final load spread
DSC_0085.jpg
Now the fun begins

hvy 1ton

The dump truck hit the pine in the last picture with the bed. Another 4" and it would have hit the trunk squarely. I tried to take video, but my dad's D80 is way more complicated than my S3.
DSC_0086.jpg
Getting to work
DSC_0087.jpg
Moving some gravel
DSC_0088.jpg
Big blade full rolling
DSC_0090.jpg
Doesn't look like muck
DSC_0094.jpg
Getting better

bear

Occupation
Math, Physics, keeping out of trouble and doing od
That's a good deal with the gravel. here they just want the money and don't come back till you pay more. nice job with the grader box and the box looks good too. I need to build one myself for the odd times i go get gravel.

hvy 1ton

Well not much to post from last summer. Between summer math class and the amount of work we do at night anymore there wasn't much opportunity. I made up for with pics of the 650 working on the KU "tunnels", right?

Well any way my neighbor called yesterday, wants me to help with her erosion problem. Well since all her dirt is running into my pond i'm happy to oblige, plus she pays costs and i get a few cheese cakes out of the deal.:cool2

I'm gonna put a thread in the general industry questions section and then once i get started i'll throw up some pics. I can't guarantee everything will be green though.

hvy 1ton

I started today, everybody else around here started yesterday, i like being different. Had to unhook the brushhog, hookup the box blade and load the spike in the bucket. Too much labor for 93* and 35% humidity, really made me wish i cut hay yesterday. From cut to raked in less than 24hrs in heavy grass hay. :eek: I got a few pics today, but left the camera in the cab.

Should be fun a summer cut a bunch of hay, keep the neighbors "field" from sliting in my pond, fix a leaking pond, build some fence, and maybe clear a couple new fields if i get really motivated. Oh, and rebuild my recently washed out roads with a box blade and bucket.:D

hvy 1ton

Well i got most of that done, can't say i took many pictures. Also helped my buddy who's basement flooded this spring. Had to dig to below the foundation, and under the a/c unit and fill it all back up with rock. Plus a bunch of hand digging since the service gas line was less than 6in away for 10'+. 40 tons of dirt out and rock in:eek:; i just do what i'm told. The drain was either plugged or crushed almost the whole length, replaced it with triple wall perf pipe. One of the Bohmann excavating guys did the operating and i did a lot of grade checking and grunt work. Too bad he boss wasn't around to ok me running the S300, would have made moving all that dirt from the trench to the dump truck a little quicker ;), but everyone needs a vacation now and then.
PIC_0035.jpg

PIC_0034.jpg

PIC_0036.jpg

On a side note, i'll make up for the lack of picture here in a week or too. I'll just have my friend travis take them, it's not like he does work anyway.:lmao