• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

RIP My Sweet Girl

skyking1

I reread this the day after Christmas. Our son passed away in May of 2002 . The unexpected collapse - the typical healthy teenager that has the artery to the heart failure (per the autopsy report). I was there and was first on the scene to to do CPR. I tell my employees at First Aid training. this is for you and family emergencies, not work - I've been there, done that. CPR was done for 45 minutes until arrival at the hospital where he was pronounced deceased. the damage was too massive to revive him.
This ever gets easier especially for mom at Christmas - its 18 years later... and she still gets very emotional. Doesn't want x-mas lights put up outside, no decorations inside except a small mini x-mas tree for our daughter (she's married and away from home).
I hope you made it thru Christmas ok
RDD
I know it is two years past. Orangeman bumped this so I feel compelled to send you my condolences and share with you that helpless feeling, RDD.
My dad died in my arms, a 63 year old with a bad heart. it is apples and oranges, except for that helpless feeling. There were two respiratory therapists in the grocery store that day, so I did not have to do the CPR myself.
That inability to fix it tears at us all. Please send my condolences to your bride as well.

typ4

Occupation
Equipment mechanic for a small company.
Thanks for all the kindness and sharing of stories. I Finally had the capacity to read this again and respond.
That said Its coming up on 4 years of Jessi's passing. Still miss her every day.
My Dad just unexpectedly passed last tuesday, feb 20.
He was pretty healthy after his pacemaker install. His wife of 40 years passed last year and he was heartbroken.
Her Daughter had him over every night for dinner since mom passed, tuesday he didnt show, they went and found him sitting peacefully in his chair.
Im numb after but I know hes with her . Loss sucks.
First pic, Daughter ,wife, me.
Second pic Dad, me , our son, and his son, 4 gens, damn fine looking group.

Attachments

• 1a.jpg
    1a.jpg
    202.3 KB · Views: 27
  • 10365780_10156358881855527_1548065244834619970_n.jpg
    10365780_10156358881855527_1548065244834619970_n.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 27

funwithfuel

Occupation
Mechanic
Now it's on you to be the man they believed you to be. There's no hiding the truth. This will ensure your place at their side in the hereafter. Stay strong in knowing a bunch of strangers are willing to help you "carry the load"