1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

riding floor scrubber/cleaner for shop?

Discussion in 'Shop Talk' started by earthscratcher, Mar 12, 2019.

1. earthscratcher

earthscratcher Senior Member

excavating contractor
    a couple big farmer shops have a riding floor cleaner they clean the floor with when they get done with a mechanic job. any body have one, which is the best one to get?

2. marineman227

marineman227 New Member

I don't have a recommendation for you but interested in hearing what works for either riding or walk behind especially if there's any that won't gum up and streak the first time they hit a glob of grease

3. Nige

Nige Senior Member

We've got a very good wet/dry ride-on machine at work but I can't for the life of me remember what brand it is. Makes a really good job of cleaning the shop. When I go back I'll take a look and let you know.

4. Nige

Nige Senior Member

5. JD955SC

JD955SC Senior Member

We have a Tennant. It’s pretty old but it works decently. Makes life a good bit easier. Still have to sweep up the shop, we mop up any puddles and then throw the detergent on any stains and run it over to clean the bay.

Mother Deuce likes this.
  6. Zajc

Zajc New Member

Whatever you get it has to be heavy so it can scrub the spilt oil. And dont use it to clean blobs od grease. You Will have to clean the machine weekly.

7. Nige

Nige Senior Member

Whatever you get, it will not be designed to clean up spilled oil and gobs of grease. Spills need cleaning up first before you hit the floor with the scrubber. Do it that way and you ought to get really good results.

8. Zajc

Zajc New Member

Actually it is designed to suck up spills. Its just that somebody has to clean the thing ocassionaly and usually its the guy riding it. So I dont recomend. You have to help it with a generous helping od degreaser on the slick stain once the oil is gone.

9. Mother Deuce

Mother Deuce Senior Member

I worked at a place that had a Tennant as well. It did a serviceable job. While the machine is good, like a automatic car wash it is really only as good as the chemicals it has to do the job. The *GIGO factor applies.

*GIGO "Garbage in, garbage out."