• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

RGN

southernman13

Occupation
Retired
Looking for info on a 50ton rgn want air ride and most likely non ground bearing. Haven’t been in the game for long time. What’s a decent used brand that’s built well easy to use and won’t break the bank? Is there such an animal. Thanks

Randy88

About like finding an experienced virgin, not sure they exist. LOL

I have a rogers and talbert, both have their good points and bad. To find a used one that's affordable that's worth taking home is hard. Most are rode hard and put away wet, just shot end to end, high mileage and in need of major repairs, or slightly used and a rust bucket beyond repair, or had a paint job overhaul.

Any of the major players have good RGN's today, Rogers, Talbert, Trail King, Landoll, XL specilized, and many others, as for finding one affordable worth taking home, good luck, I'd recommend the non ground bearing myself, as for air ride, have one with and one with spring, take the spring ride any day over the air ride, especially when it comes to repairing them. In nearly 20 years the spring ride has never cost me a cent, the air ride, not sure how many thousands its cost me, not sure I'd want to add it all up either, probably cost me more than the trailer cost me when I bought it. You couldn't give me another air ride suspension on any detach ever again.

Look at the weight to carry the load in a certain deck length, the cheaper builders will rate them over the entire deck length and the better built trailers will rate them in a certain span, say 14 feet of deck length.

farmerlund

Occupation
Farmer/ excavator
I bought a new eager beaver 8 yrs ago and really like it. Its easy to hook up. was reasonably priced compared to some others back than. Mine is non ground bearing. The only way to get a good used one is to buy an new one and use it.:D:D

Vetech63

NO JOKE...……...I SWEAR I saw the title as RN and thought this was going to be some kind of hot nurse thread. LOL...…..need to get my eyes checked.