1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Reynolds out of business!

Discussion in 'Scrapers' started by powerjoke, Sep 10, 2009.

1. powerjoke

powerjoke Senior Member

owner/operator/estimator/mechanic/grunt/ditchdigge
    I just heard from my dealer that Reynolds shut the door's :eek: can anyone confirm this?

Pj

2. excavator

excavator Senior Member

Yes, I heard this about a month ago, local dealer went to order parts and were told a plow company was handling parts sales. Had to pay with a credit card,former accounts are canceled. They don't seem to have alot of parts available and any large frame peices that came of the assembly line are of course no longer available. Had to replace a couple of lower gate assemblies last winter and am glad we did as this kind of stuff is no longer available. I wonder, do you think that Case IH might try to purchase them? When Deere bought out Cammeco, Reynolds seemed to have aligned themselves somewhat with Case IH. Any thoughts?

3. powerjoke

powerjoke Senior Member

well, i never thought about that.

my CASE IH dealer is the one i called today, it would be pretty keen if it were to happen that way

Pj

4. roddyo

roddyo Senior Member

Manipulator of the Planet
    That's Unreal.:eek:

Around here half the Farms were leveled with a 8C and a 12P Reynolds pulled with a 4840 then a 4850 MFD or a Magnum.

Seems like the other half was leveled with a Reynolds 12C and an Injector Bucket or a 12C Train.:)

5. Dozerboy

Dozerboy Senior Member

Operator
    Wow we have a few of there small pans.

6. JohnBer

JohnBer Member

Im runnin six 17e's, four 17c's and three 14e's, Hope someone picks em up.

7. Txdrt

Txdrt Member

Equipment/Safety Coordinator and wishing I was on
    The co. I used to work for almost bought some in Jan. We decided to go with the K-Tech scraper, I bet they're glad they did. Too bad for those guys, their products moved a lot of dirt. I believe we will start seeing more of this if work doesn't pick up.

8. kwp5000

kwp5000 New Member

Thanks

9. flametamer

flametamer Well-Known Member

Biomed Tech, Towing
    If you need parts or scrapers, try Crabtree.

10. flametamer

flametamer Well-Known Member

Biomed Tech, Towing
    I have no idea if it's true or not, but the rumor is that some of Crabtree's dirtpans are older Reynolds designs that Crabtree bought the patents on. Again-rumor.

Dt

11. scraperguy

scraperguy New Member

Reynolds scraper parts

There is a place in Arkansas that manufactures Reynolds scraper parts. The name is Pull Scraper Parts Warehouse. They are a very large company and they will have every part that you will need. Might I add their Hydraulic Cylinders are very very good.

12. diggin02

diggin02 Active Member

we have been buying our reynolds parts from aftermarket from our local Deere dealer. Have been having great luck with everything from them, especially the price. The other day I was in a pinch for a gate cylinder and my case ih dealer had one in stock. I went and picked it and the bill was $1815. Luckily we rained out the next morning before we started so i called the guy at the deere dealership. He quoted me $870 delivered to my door overnight.
    So I returned the cylinder to the case dealer and the next day my new one was there by late morning. IT WAS THE EXACT SAME CYLINDER. The case dealer is selling aftermarket at reynolds prices. Just thought I'd vent a little.

The return address on the ups label goes like this
    Earthmoving Parts and Equipment
    K D Sales
    Sherrill AR

I do'nt know if they sell retail or wholesale only, but its worth a try. I've found that they sell even the small items like hitch thrust plates and such.

13. JDOFMEMI

JDOFMEMI Senior Member

Sounds like your Case dealer is trying to make a huge markup on his parts.

Just think, The Deere dealer made some money at their price even with the shipping.
    I bet I know who you don't call on except as a last resort.

14. scraperguy

scraperguy New Member

That place KD Sales is known for selling poor quality parts. I wish you the best of luck on the cylinder lasting. I hope it does because I know down time is hard, I purchased 2 frame cylinders from my Case dealer and it came from them and both started leaking after 9 hours.

15. diggin02

diggin02 Active Member

I haven't had any bad luck yet Scraperguy. I have notice a few of their ball sockets on the cylinder rods are strarting to stress crack prematurely on my 14c. i'd like to find my 14c pans a new home because all we are moving this year is mud.
    On that note have any of you guys tried push loading reynolds pans w/ a dozer. We are thinking of trying it on a job we are on now. I'm not sure how they'd react w/ the push block going up on the rear when you lower them.

Thanks for your input.

16. scraperguy

scraperguy New Member

I think that you will be just fine as long as you dont bump them too hard. I have seen a job in the Houston area where they have a train of 3 buckets and they are pushing them with D8's. There are some guys here where I live that are pulling 2 Deere pans and they are using D11's to push them and they are not breaking anything. We are just like you here, we have been in the mud all summer. It's just now getting dry enough to start working again.

17. CRABTREE MFG

CRABTREE MFG Member

Owner of Crabtree Manufacturing
    As far as I know Reynolds is out of business. They dropped their website within the last month or so. We have heard rumors from our customers and suppliers about this for a couple of years. We make most replacement parts for Reynolds, John Deere and our scrapers as well and have a very good reputation. I personally run the machine shop and make the parts here on site. Our website is http://www.crabtreemfg.comif yall want to check us out. Any questions are welcomed.

18. powerjoke

powerjoke Senior Member

CrabTree, glad to have you,,......Crab is not your first name, would you mind sharing with us your first name so we can get to know the man behind the screen lol?

Pj

19. Abscraperguy

Abscraperguy Senior Member

20. CRABTREE MFG

CRABTREE MFG Member

Owner of Crabtree Manufacturing
    Thanks for the info Abscraperguy. Sounds like a road trip for me if we can get caught up around here.