• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Reward for a stolen Cat CTL

surfer-joe

Nice looking little machine, very different from most Cat skid-steers when you look at U/C. Shouldn't be hard to spot.

trukfan

Occupation
Maintenance Tech for a machine shop
That sucks. There has been a huge increase in the amount of farm/heavy euipment thefts in Dodge County in the last 4-5 months. One farmer lost 3 pieces of equipment in less than a month, all related to haying. Fortunately he didn't lose a tractor. The only other thing being stolen more than equipment lately in that county is goats, and I don't wanna know the who or what that's being done for.

bill onthehill

Even if they took off the grapple that thing should stick out like a sore thumb. Cat will track parts use on it for sure. Those tracks alone will be rare.

DigDug

I had a Cat 257B CTL stolen off my jobsite a couple of years ago. The Cat insurance company told my wife there had been 14 pieces of compact equipment stolen in two weeks time over New England area. Theives like these machines I guess.

AtlasRob

Occupation
owner operator
Theives like these machines I guess.

Yep! they slide straight inside a metal box and are Goooooooooone !

Plant theft in the UK runs at about £500million a year it dont matter if its a skid steer, a D6K ( they managed to get that back at the German border thanks to C@t link ) or a crusher. If its not nailed down it will go. :bash

dumpchuck

Occupation
heavy equipment mechanic
Seems like a machine this new would of had product link installed on it.

powerjoke

Occupation
owner/operator/estimator/mechanic/grunt/ditchdigge
is that like a machine locator?

heavylift

I think Cat has a electronic key option also... you need a code to start...
As for the whereabout, I would start looking south of the border...
They just found a bunch of farm stuff here in kansas . Fbi is involved so there is much info being let out...
we've had two stolen... one old, one new less than 100 hours.... but with the one key fits all .... they are easy targets...
One company I worked for their machine was stolen, a brand new Deere, The sheriff called the next day saying they found it about a 100 miles away. Minus 4 wheels... the amount effort involved to get the 4 wheel & tires. Probably cost more than if the crooks had just bought recapped tires... Crooks are stupid...