• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

reviews jcb mini telescopic loaders reliability performance

trombeur

hi, recently at the construction site I happened to see some mini loaders jcb with telescopic arm, they were used both as a loader with the bucket, and as a forklift with forks, I noticed they have a retractable telescopic boom type telehandler type crane. the thing I don't like is the conformation of the arm, I think the overturning is easy when lifting and pulling out what do you think. are they reliable, robust and versatile? let me know.

https://www.jcb.com/en-us/products/teleskid/teleskid-2ts-7t

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
I don't think there was any conversation on the extended arm that you can get with JCB. I think the concern about the torsional stress of that mono arm when turning are legit. JCB has rebuilt/redesigned that arm several times that I am aware of. I am not sure what their latest design has solved but they had issues with excessive wear/movement of that arm at its hinge point at the back of the machine. Putting all that weight, that far away from the machine is certain to cause more of those types of issues. Those telescoping arms are fairly new. I would think now that some word should be coming out on how they are holding up. I have yet to see one in real life.

trombeur

grazie per il vostro intervento e la vostra testimonianza, non sono un ingegnere ma credo che oltre all'articolazione del braccio ci sarebbe anche un problema con la stabilità della macchina, durante la fase di sollevamento credo che il braccio con il il peso crea una leva che sollecita tutto il telaio della macchina, compromettendone la stabilità, già le mini pale tendono a beccheggiare e sbilanciare la macchina facendola impennare con 2 bracci paralleli, con uno solo il peso credo si scarica tutto su un braccio senza distribuire il carico sul contrappeso in modo distribuito bilanciando il carico. mi sbaglio con le mie deduzioni empiriche? '

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
Trombeur, can you convert that to English?

trombeur

grazie per il vostro intervento e la vostra testimonianza, non sono un ingegnere ma credo che oltre all'articolazione del braccio ci sarebbe anche un problema con la stabilità della macchina, durante la fase di sollevamento credo che il braccio con il peso crea una leva che sollecita tutto il telaio della macchina, compromettendone la stabilità, già i mini pallidi tendendo a beccheggiare e sbilanciare la macchina facendola impennare con 2 bracci paralleli, con uno solo il peso credo scarichi tutto su uno braccio senza distribuire il carico sul contrappeso in modo distribuito bilanciando il carico. mi sbaglio con le mie deduzioni empiriche? '

scusa il mio computer traduce automaticamente scusa per l'incomprensione e l'incomprensione. grazie ancora.
thank you for your intervention and your testimony, I am not an engineer but I believe that in addition to the articulation of the arm there would also be a problem with the stability of the machine, during the lifting phase I believe that the arm with the weight creates a lever that it stresses the whole frame of the machine, compromising its stability, already the mini pale ones tending to pitch and unbalance the machine making it wheelie with 2 parallel arms, with only one the weight I think it unloads everything on one arm without distributing the load on the counterweight in a distributed way balancing the load. am I wrong with my empirical deductions? '

sorry my computer automatically translates sorry for the misunderstanding and misunderstanding. thanks again.

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
JCB has always claimed to have figured out a way to distribute the weight utilizing one arm through out the machine. I guess it works, although I have never run one, but since its out there and people buy them, I assume they have indeed figured out a way to do that. Extending the arm with a load, seems like it could quite easily become unstable and go nose down during the arm extension. My rationale is if my skid steer has a 3400 pound ROC, I quickly become used to what it can lift, however on a telescoping arm, the lift capacity rapidly reduces itself as the weight is projected out. I think it would difficult to gauge lift capacity due to the sliding scale that the telescoping arms provide. This would be even more difficult on uneven ground. While the weight is extended at full extension, turning the machine would in my mind make the machine unstable in a side to side way. I would guess that they specify somewhere that the machine should be sitting still when the arms are extended out. I could see an operator getting into serious trouble by moving the machine during and at full extension. I would like someone to post their experience if they have run one of these.

My personal thoughts are, I am not yet convinced that JCB has a handle on building their skid steer, much less one with a telescoping arm. I have yet to see anyone that runs Volvo equipment, run the Volvo/JCB skid steer. Excavators and wheels loaders, artic trucks no problem, but I have yet to see them run the Volvo skid steer. The Volvo dealers, also don't seem to carry the skid steer, at least none around me. I gotta think there is a reason for that. What I do give JCB credit for is they are really innovative in their ideas and engineering. The single arm, telescoping arm is evidence of that, as are some of the other machines they make.

trombeur

upload_2021-3-27_10-45-4.jpeg

images
images

thanks for the considerations the jcb would be like a telescopic telehandler, the more you extend the arm the more the lever that pivots and fulcrum on the front wheels lengthens making the machine pitch and wheelie. as happened on a construction site with a telehandler .. I think the side arm makes the machine twist, as I believe it is unable to distribute the load and effectively counterbalance it with the rear ballast. perhaps the crawler is more stable and than the rubberized one, the crawler has the lower center of gravity and unloads the weight on the surface of the tracks increasing the capacity I think by 30% compared to the rubberized one that rests on the 4 tires and is higher making it less balanced especially on the rough terrain. I'm wrong with my deductions. as for the volvo i don't know what to say i don't know the car.