• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Request: Help with identifying dozer

FreedomRock

Can anyone help with identifying the type of dozer in picture I've attached? I have other pictures of it, but was unable to find any identifying feature (brand stamp, plate, etc). It's been sitting in unconditioned barn, covered, for ~5 years. I'm wanting to gather information before I travel to where it is and try starting it. Side request: Any suggestions on how I can prepare for starting it would also be helpful--although I can probably find existing threads/info on this exercise here... I'm inexperienced with heavy equipment--operating and maintaining. Hoping to change this. Thanks in advance.dozer.JPG

Tones

Occupation
Ex land clearing contractor, part-time retired
TD6 had only 1 top roller so it's a TD9. Inter engines of that era started on petrol and were switched to diesel

FreedomRock

Thanks for the responses. Very helpful. I'll take a copy of TD9 manual with me and give it a go! Someone I know familiar with the dozer mentioned that it started on gas, switched to diesel... something foreign to me. It's owned in the family, but the member that operated it had a stroke--tough to get information from him... He last started it ~5 years ago--not sure whether it was moved. Recall that he had issues with a starter solenoid (or something in the starting system), but I believe that issue to have been resolved. I need to move it to free up space, and beyond that, would like to have it available on the farm.

Thanks again, All--take care

JimInOz

FreedomRock,
It might be a good idea to post on Redpower,regarding the start up procedure for a dozer that sat for 5 years without a start up.
Sometimes the gas start system can cause issues after a long downtime.
Before starting, check for rats & birds in weird places.
While you are there,even if you can't get it running,pull back on both steer levers & see if it feels OK.Hopefully the steering has not frozen up.
Try the clutch lever too.
The early 4 cylinder TD9 had a 335 IH engine ,later ones were 350.
Good luck.