• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Replacing the rear ends and suspension

busdrivernine

I have been hunting a newer rear end and lower geared as my is a 38,000 lb rockwell Sq100 with 3:55 gears does ok but wanted something a bit lower to help with Start off in the pit. We I found a complete set out of a 1991 pete that has a set of Eatons DS402p with 3:90 got everything from spring hanger to complete driveline from transmission to back rear end truck just had a complete major brake job made 1 trip and met a car head on so they totaled out truck . Also got the fuel tanks with straps and brackets which mine are 150 gal these are either 110 or 120 gal not for sure gave him $200 a piece for the fuel tanks wanted to rob some parts but run out of money :mad: but we are going to start the rear end transplant Monday, will post some pictures of job as it happens .