• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Replacing lower bushings in loader arms on Takeuchi TL140

69zfarmer

My bushings and (probally pins) are very worn. Has anyone here ever replaced them? Surely they are not welded in? Could i just pull the pins out and weld a bead around the bushings on the inside and they will shrink and come out? I can't find any pins/bushings aftermarket so i would have to buy the OEM ones.

Last edited:

skata

Getting them out is the easy part. It's putting them in that could be hard.
Removing the pins is pretty easy.
To remove the bushings, get a Sawzall with a long metal blade and cut a slit down the inside of the bushing. Then there is no pressure and it should fall right out. You may need to press the new bushings in. You could probably rig something up, like a large bolt down the center, with large washers at each end. Then tighten bolt. Or perhaps you could just put a flat plate on the end and pound them in.