• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Replacing gear seal on Gear Products swing drive

Optimist

Model 105-00004-2 to be exact. This is on a '79 era Snorkel TB50 lift. I'm looking at the cross-section diagram of the swing drive trying to figure out the shortest route to replacing the seal. There's a circle of capscrews holding the bottom-most section of the drive on, and in that section is the bearings and the seal. The output shaft/gear has a castell nut on it but I can't tell if removing those capscrews will let the bottom-most section fall out and give me access to the nut, or if I have to get to the nut from the top (meaning I have to take the whole thing apart). Anybody have experience on one of these?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-02-08 at 2.38.57 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-02-08 at 2.38.57 PM.png
    272.7 KB · Views: 3