1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Replacing Bobcat loader control valve seals

Discussion in 'Skid Steers' started by willie59, May 31, 2010.

1. willie59

willie59 Super Moderator

Service Manager
    Glad to hear you got is sorted out sid rust. :cool:

2. FlatTire

FlatTire Member

Your thread with instructions is greatly appreciated Willie!! I just finished the spool seals on my 753, and i felt like a Chinese body contortionist trying to get to all the allen heads!

3. Mr. John

Mr. John New Member

Thank you Willie59! Your initial post is going on 11 years and there isn't anything better out there. I completed replacing the new seals in a 773F, slightly different than the "G", but on page 4 of the forum explains the difference in the seal placement from excalibor67 and confirmed by Willie59. The "F" series can be accessed from the top without going through the side access panel. Take out one spool at a time...taking out the top one first giving better access to the allen bolts on the bottom one. It is a tight fit accessing the bolts along the side wall. It is a "feel" process rather than "sight" getting the allen wrench into place. Assembly was considerably quicker by complete assembly and installation of the bottom spool first then the top. This allows for easier access to starting the bolts. Also, rather than a "seal kit" at $85 from Bobcat and a 3 week wait, only 4 seals are needed at $3.80 "on-line" or $4.25 through Bobcat which they have in stock. The seal kit gives seals an o-rings for numerous applications. After a half day of labor, it is up and running with no leaks. Well worth doing it yourself and the $17 for seals. Thanks guys!!

FlatTire likes this.
  4. shehorn

shehorn New Member

A45A8BA8-FF05-4ADF-943B-5C1C040AAD28.jpeg I have read this post a few times but still struggling where to start. Would you recommend taking the lock valve off to gain access to the Allen bolts. This is a 773 machine.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2021
  5. gta18

gta18 Member

Hi Guys,

I just purchased an unknown hours 1994 753H I believe because of it having 1 aux set pair on the left front side. I'm slowly fixing things on it and have so far have unstuck the 2 sov body's for the aux and got that working.

Now I'm onto troubleshooting the Lift arm And Bucket tilt that slowly (about an hour) the arm goes from fully raised to down to the ground.

Will the leaking spool seals cause this problem? It happens to both lift and trebuchet tilt.

Thank you