• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

repairing final drive case

finaldrive

Occupation
Business Owner
The issue you have is that this drive is obsolete. Finding them 2nd hand, as you have found, is near impossible.
This is what I do for a living, hence my forum name.
I would advise parting the machine out. I mean, it is a tough call depending on how much you use it..from a cost analysis standpoint.
From a product standpoint I can tell you there is no replacement option for this unit. If you can find parts to repair it and are willing to spend the money to do it..be prepared do keep doing it every year.
I specialize in finding solutions for obsolete final drives. This particular one, I have found two suppliers. I purchased the product as a sample. Did a hardness test and found that a soda can had about the same hardness..heh.
So the quality of metal is poor and the machining work is even worse.
Plus when we tested the motor portion, it puked out the case drain. None of the motor components were within proper tolerance to operate correctly.
Then came to fitting to machine. The bolt holes weren't drilled correctly. Some not deep enough, some just off from lining up. Lastly, the sprocket had about a 10mm gap from it's mounting surface.
Needless to say, we will not supply this caliber of product. I've sent samples to the factory that makes our drives for us and it is cost prohibitive to make.
Hope that helps you.
p.s. The hydraulic motor is generally the issue on this model

ditchdiggerjcf

The issue you have is that this drive is obsolete. Finding them 2nd hand, as you have found, is near impossible.
This is what I do for a living, hence my forum name.
I would advise parting the machine out. I mean, it is a tough call depending on how much you use it..from a cost analysis standpoint.
From a product standpoint I can tell you there is no replacement option for this unit. If you can find parts to repair it and are willing to spend the money to do it..be prepared do keep doing it every year.
I specialize in finding solutions for obsolete final drives. This particular one, I have found two suppliers. I purchased the product as a sample. Did a hardness test and found that a soda can had about the same hardness..heh.
So the quality of metal is poor and the machining work is even worse.
Plus when we tested the motor portion, it puked out the case drain. None of the motor components were within proper tolerance to operate correctly.
Then came to fitting to machine. The bolt holes weren't drilled correctly. Some not deep enough, some just off from lining up. Lastly, the sprocket had about a 10mm gap from it's mounting surface.
Needless to say, we will not supply this caliber of product. I've sent samples to the factory that makes our drives for us and it is cost prohibitive to make.
Hope that helps you.
p.s. The hydraulic motor is generally the issue on this model

Is the place you found that makes the substandard parts in India. i found a place called the "new indo trading company" that makes all these parts. I have been leery of trying them. Are you familiar with them?

finaldrive

Occupation
Business Owner
Yes I am aware of them.
Yes, they are one of the places I bought a sample from.
No, theres wasn't substandard material. It didn't fit properly and the gearbox was not timed correctly. It would not make a full rotation without binding up.
Forcing it would have broken teeth.