• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Repairing creeping Bobcat

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Sorry about getting the model wrong, I was just working on a 763C today, got too dang many Bobcat numbers in my head.

Aluminum linkage with ball joints? Is this an AHC machine?

Last edited:

Axel

yes AHC.

Have you ever rebuilt the seals on a control valve in this model?
how challenging is it?
is there a seal kit?
any super descriptive directions like the ones you have for the seals on the pump control shafts?

the reason I ask is that it seems the spools in my control valve may be leaking enough to have cause the tilt actuator to fail.
both actuators are pretty oily.
I'm hoping to solve the leak especially if I'm about to buy a new actuator.

I'm guessing Bobcat dealers are the only sources for actuators?

Last edited:

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
I see. I don't have any experience with one of those, crewchief would know more about that than me.

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Again, I have no experience with an AHC machine so I can't answer with any degree of accuracy. But if I'm not mistaken, the control valve itself is no different, it's just the actuators that makes the job different, and there could be a difference with the float detent on the loader arm spool. I just don't know. :beatsme

Axel

Just got around to doing the control shaft seals.
Seems like the dealer sent me the wrong seals...
any idea where the seals might be/go on this pump?
it's on a 1998 863F with AHC.
photo 1.jpgphoto 2.jpgphoto 3.jpgphoto 4.jpg
none of the pumps that I've looked at in the parts diagrams on the Bobcat website look quite like this one.

z80

I am on a remote island off Tasmania building a breakwater with a 753.

I cannot believe that this thread had the exact fix to my problem of creeping.

Thank you so much to the OP for the effort to post the very relevant photos of how to identify the problem, in my case the bolt had fallen out completely on the pintel arm.
'
I was quoted an absolute fortune to get6 Bobcat to come on site to fix it....but after reading this thread I had it fixed in less than 20 minutes.

absolutely wonderful forum...thanks so much!

John

norton

Bobcat

I'm kinda hoping this info will help some machine owner do his own repairs instead of unloading the wallet to pay the big shop to do them. :)

I just wanted to thank you for the information on Bob Cat creep... It finally started to bug me so much I did research on line and found your article. I bought the machine used and was regretting the purchase. It's a 773. Not that many hours on it and the spools and bars were not that worn. However one side was loose.
Just an FYI I took the spring out of the machine without caging it. I found it really difficult to get the zip ties in. I did compress the spring and used zip ties to cage it before reinstalling it. Compressed it in my bench vise and used the zip ties to hold it. Worked great. I like the machine now and consider it worth repainting now... Thanks again.
Mark

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Welcome to HEF norton. :drinkup

Good to hear the info helped. Doesn't really matter the method one uses, just as long as the task get accomplished. ;)

CJR72

once again great thread ,can i ask you guys what your paying for seals and are the OEM only ,i have a toyota skidsteer 4sdk8 and its got sauer danfoss pumps ,after taking the control linkage off it looks like the pics posted of the control shafts and seal set up,can i run a normal double lip seal or does it have to be some special deal

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
once again great thread ,can i ask you guys what your paying for seals and are the OEM only ,i have a toyota skidsteer 4sdk8 and its got sauer danfoss pumps ,after taking the control linkage off it looks like the pics posted of the control shafts and seal set up,can i run a normal double lip seal or does it have to be some special deal

It's been a while since I've done those seals CJR so I can't recall what they cost, I don't think they were terribly expensive though. I've never used a different seal, always went with OEM, so I don't know if something else would work, but if you can source a double lip seal of those dimensions I suppose it's worth a go at it.

CJR72

It's been a while since I've done those seals CJR so I can't recall what they cost, I don't think they were terribly expensive though. I've never used a different seal, always went with OEM, so I don't know if something else would work, but if you can source a double lip seal of those dimensions I suppose it's worth a go at it.

Had to ask cause here in oz theres not much choice ,oem want $100 per seal or there abouts, It seems that the moment the word skidsteer or viton is mentioned the price either goes up or
It becomes too hard for most parts places, well i found a few matches after some serious cross refrencing one workshop has claimed to be able to supply for half of oem a bearing shop has sourced a few for around 30 dollars each ,just curiuos what genuine bobcat seals cost ,after all there only 1inch x1 1/2 x 1/4 steel back double lip viton ,thanks willie:thumbup:
Sent from my GT-S7500T using Tapatalk 2

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
I feel your pain, parts can be insane. Like a typical AC compressor for a Komatsu CD110 dumper, $1,700 USD. A FREAKING AC COMPRESSOR...REALLY! Again, I can't recall what I paid for those seals from Bobcat, but I can assure you, they weren't $100 per seal, I would remember that if they were. Like I said, for those prices, if you find something else then by all means I'd sure give it a go. :)

CJR72

:update Seeing as we pay crazy prices here in Oz,i have found a replacement seal for the control shafts as oem toyota here want $100 + each,i sourced these at $28 each,they are identical in every respect ,the part number IS , 9879 CRWA1 v
hope someone else finds this helpful:):)

Sent from my GT-S7500T using Tapatalk 2

Last edited: