1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

removing hydraulic bolts under pump

Discussion in 'Excavators' started by TomWei, Jun 15, 2021.

Tags:
  1. TomWei

TomWei Member

im replacing mounts and cant get the last line off to lift this side of the engine?

i did take the first 2 bolts off with impact wrench, but put them back when i couldnt get the third off. its a tight fit with pipe and 4th bolt is by hand

picked up s wrench yesterday and sprayed down with wd40 and pb blaster

what else can i do before calling someone with muscles? bad area for heat?

Attached Files:

2. 56wrench

56wrench Senior Member

there is always a way. human hands put it together, so human hands can take it apart, although not always easy. get some kind of a wrench or socket/breaker bar on the bolt and use a pry bar up along side the wrench to help pry against the wrench. it may take some imagination or other creative wrench manipulation. in this case no magic snake oil will make any difference in my opinion. i wouldn't use heat unless the bolts have threadlocker on them. sometimes i will take a cheap chinese wrench and heat and bend it to allow a better angle in restricted access areas

3. Nige

Nige Senior Member

A word of caution looking at those photos. Be careful using when regular sockets and accessories such as u-joints with an impact wrench. They could fly apart on you.with bad consequences.

kshansen and 56wrench like this.
  4. uffex

uffex Senior Member

Admin
    Good day
    Have you considerd a crowfoot upload_2021-6-15_15-15-51.jpeg

Attached Files:

5. TomWei

TomWei Member

thanks all, tried everything. 5 seconds of heat and it came right out with a S wrench

have crowfoot in cart for next time

Attached Files:

Tarhe Driver and 56wrench like this.
  6. mutti_wilson

mutti_wilson Well-Known Member

I've come to realize that having an assortment of extensions and wobblys long with Crows feet and long breaker bars is vital for hydraulic work.

56wrench and uffex like this.