• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

remove hydrulic oil from tank in t-190

slowstep

Occupation
retired insurance agent, went physical work
what kind of pump is best and most effective to remove hydraulic fluid from tank to change fluid. this maintenance situation coming up soon for my machine, what signs should you look for in removed fluid that might indicate future problems in system ?

slowstep

Occupation
Hegod1341------------- excellent idea thanks.----

mikebramel

I understand if you are changing it because of water contamination or what not but for other reasons I would just filter it

crewchief888

remove the cover on the LH side of the frame, the bottom front of the oil tank is there.
some models may have a drain hose already there, others you'll need to remove one of the -6 case drain hoses from the tank.

t190 has the hyd filler under the grill, thats a long way to ru a suction hose, and theres more than likely a screen in the top of the tank.

:drinkup

NCPIPELINE

Occupation
The Fixer
I have done this 3 ways. 1(Easiest) - remove cover plate, remove case drain filter and push a piece of hose over fitting and let drain. 2 - 5/8" hex bolt on top of tank, hose and pump as mentioned. Would never try to go through the fill port at rear of machine. 3 - female quick connect with 5 ft of hose and cut off, attached at aux port and pump it out with machine, refill, and do it a few times to ensure that all new fluid has been circulated through pumps, and hoses.

crewchief888

I have done this 3 ways. 1(Easiest) - remove cover plate, remove case drain filter and push a piece of hose over fitting and let drain. 2 - 5/8" hex bolt on top of tank, hose and pump as mentioned. Would never try to go through the fill port at rear of machine. 3 - female quick connect with 5 ft of hose and cut off, attached at aux port and pump it out with machine, refill, and do it a few times to ensure that all new fluid has been circulated through pumps, and hoses.

typically i use the #3 method...

but for someone that may have limited resources or knowlege, this wouldnt be the best suggestion..
at an idle the pump is flowing approx 20gpm +/-
with approx 5 gal in the tank, in 15 seconds the tank is empty, and sucking air..
do that a few times, and you're replacing a weak pump..

:drinkup

slowstep

Occupation
thanks crewchief and ncpipeline great info and with my limited expertise in working on bobcat might skip number three . method 1 sounds more inline with my limited knowledge. I will give it a try