• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Remote Controlled Dozers?

hi everyone! Two of my biggest passions are technology and heavy machinery. Read an article that talked about remote-controlled dozers, such as Caterpillar and TORC Robotics RemoteTask™ and Komatsu D155AXI-8 Radio Control Crawler Dozer, they seemed to be great for improving the efficiency and safety on jobsite. Have any of you had any experience with any remote dozers?

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
The Komatsu dozer that I saw reports on worked underwater. I was told there were two of them and I saw some video of the snorkel and exhaust above the water and then it traveled up on the shore. As far as I know that was the only use for them. I can't say that they worked any better than a dredge or a crane and clamshell or dragline.

LACHAU

The Komatsu dozer that I saw reports on worked underwater. I was told there were two of them and I saw some video of the snorkel and exhaust above the water and then it traveled up on the shore. As far as I know that was the only use for them. I can't say that they worked any better than a dredge or a crane and clamshell or dragline.
They are called "AMPHIBIOUS DOZER" as an optionnal dozer.

D155W.png

John C.

Occupation
I think that is part of the video that I had seen. Thanks for linking it.

dozr

Occupation
excaving
anyone seen the new high track 5 taking place of 6 n, would have liked to had it fifty years ago. would not had to get off to check grade would have been nice.

John C.

Occupation
Actually I've been hearing that Cat is completely changing the model numbers of all the small line of dozers. Something to the effect that a D3 will become a D1 and model numbers progressing by size up to the D6. Anyone else heard those rumors.

Tyler d4c

Actually I've been hearing that Cat is completely changing the model numbers of all the small line of dozers. Something to the effect that a D3 will become a D1 and model numbers progressing by size up to the D6. Anyone else heard those rumors.
Sales guy from the local dealer told me this.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win

Tractor12

Drops Everything from a 6n down one number 6n is a now a 5 and so on. New 5 is available in 6way or standard

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Drops Everything from a 6n down one number 6n is a now a 5 and so on. New 5 is available in 6way or standard

No - a D3 becomes a D1.
D4 becomes a D2
A 5 becomes a 3 and so on...

The Cat dozer nomenclature I've know my whole life re-sets itself.

DIYDAVE

I think the first time I heard of a RC dozer, it was an AC loader, they took the engine outta it, and installed a'lectric motor in it, to unload guano off a ship, hadda be back in the 40's or 50's... they did it, to avoid the dust, the operation generated. Gotta picture, in an AC book, somewheres...;)

Essayons

It’s absolutely correct what’s been stated above regarding the new # system. And Cat for certain can add the RC package to most if not all of their big dozers. It’s mainly geared for hazardous environments.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.

fast_st

Occupation
IT systems admin
That's really something, I wonder if there is a push button on the controller for 'add grease to lube points'

Mother Deuce

The company bought autolubers when they bought the T's. Sure would suck to be running three 11's in the muck, snow and ice. Because I know for certain the automatic track shoveling system has not been perfected. Mucking out a 10 that has been in -10 degrees pushing shot muck down in falling snow is a little like trying to dig granite with a square edge hand shovel.

Reactions: DB2