• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Relic Chevy

terex herder

6 bolt lock rims? Not sure I've seen that on a chevy. Dad had a '73 with 5 bolt fronts and 10 bolt rears. I think that one was about 22K gvw.

Sberry

Occupation
Farmer
I had another earlier one and it had 5x10. I noticed it was different too when I went to salvage something. This is so old it has Armstrong steering and drum front brakes. Add some fluid and it's driveable, actually runs well. Drive slow and the fuel economy is super. I built the compressor in. I been considering stripping it out, mount the comp on a skid and could get rid of it. Only reason it's still there is it could be pressed in to use if needed in short order.

Old Doug

I have 2 of those umbrellas there great on a hot sunny day.
Seen numerous with the six lug
I had a 58 Chevy with 6 hole wheels i think they were heavyer than the 10 hole and would interchange with other trucks.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
IIRC the military 2 tons were all six lug these axles could have been installed to utilize excess stock unused for mil spec trucks
And as I remember, all the commercial build trucks we had on base in the 70s were six lug budd or Minn Mags

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Ran across these as was looking for something else
6 lug Budd Style
Still available Tubeless 22.5s

22.5x6.75 White Steel 6x8.75" (Replaces 20" Tube Type) – Buy Truck Wheels

675215-2_110x110@2x.jpg

Sberry

Occupation
Farmer
I went thru that at some point. Irrelevant now. I doubt it will see the road at least from me. I need to strip the equipment, skid mound the comp with a tool box so I could put in a pickup or flat should I really need it. If it had disk fronts and power steering I might give it another spin.