• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Reinstalling Roosa Master DB

SCISSOR69

I'm trying to remount this pump on a Case 580CK after being rebuilt. The drive shaft that fits into the female slot inside the pump, is it possible to rotate the pump somehow so the drive shaft and slot align? Maybe pulling that timing access plate off? I put the pump on, it goes all the way on to the shaft, then I feel a slight resistance like I'm pushing on the weights? If I am not alligned correctly could I get it to go as far as 1/4" from mounting surface.? I don't want to force anything and mess up the pump. Any feedback is welcome.

thepumpguysc

Occupation
Master Inj.Pump rebuilder
Yes you simply insert a wide blade screwdriver or a long wrench & turn the insides..
Don't forget>> theres a dot on the end of the shaft & a dot inside the pump..
Its goes DOT TO DOT.. if not, it wont start.. Good luck..
Your pump builder didn't know this??

Reactions: DB2

SCISSOR69

My question is if the drive Tang isn't perfectly aligned with the slot as long as your close will it go together correctly? That's why I was wondering if there is a way to rotate the slot down in the pump slightly as it is almost installed, maybe by removing that little timing plate on the pump - can pump be turned thru there?

thepumpguysc

Occupation
Master Inj.Pump rebuilder
I know its a PITA to get the seals in correctly BUT if you don't engage the dr. shaft w/ the pump correctly, it will seize the pump.. SO, follow the directions in post #2..
NO> you cant turn it thru the side cover..

THATS WHY is so important to TIME it BEFORE you pull it off..
IF you had lined the lines up in the pump before u pulled it..
all you would have to do is line them up when u got it back & it woulda slipped right on.!!!
But hind-site is 20/20..

Last edited:

Funny farm

Occupation
Red seal,high pressure certified welder
I don’t have even a fraction of the pump knowledge that the pump guy does but as far as I know ( and I may not be correct) u align the dots on the drive gears with #1 at tdc. U align the pump shaft dots when u insert the shaft and u then set the engine to 8deg btdc by looking thru the timing window on the bell housing. With the engine at 8* before tdc u rotate the pump till the timing lines are alligned in the pump timing window. Not exactly what u asked but might be able to check your timing by doing so, to confirm it’s all timed correctly. The pump guy would know better than me tho. That guy knows his pumps like no one else I know lol and if my timing procedure is wrong hopefully he will correct that for u ,and for me lol . As I have my engine all rebuilt and timed to tdc. Pump installed but not timed to 8*btdc yet because I have not installed the engine in the tractor to be able to set it to the 8* btdc in order to align the pump timing marks.