• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Rec. for loading pallets onto trailers?

Stevenbrla

Yep, those are the bad boys I'm interested in... just need to find someone needing some quick cash more than the machine...

hoping one of those owners does....

ke6gwf

I have spent quite a bit of time in the seat of Forward-reach forklifts mostly on very, shall we say, "congested" jobsites...
Anyway, they are the best thing since sliced bread, but there are a couple styles you should consider.

The Gradall style is generally rear-wheel steer like a standard forklift. Nice, but limited maneuverability.

I prefer the Skytrak style with 4-wheel steering. It is much more nimble in tight areas. You can crab, pivot or front wheel only.
Most of the smaller Forward-reach forklifts I have run have the 4-wheel steering.

Make sure you check the weight rating at the extension you need, and make sure it gives you some wiggle room. It is interesting to over-reach your load, and pick your rear end up! (it can be useful for getting over muddy ditches sometimes though...):eek:

Stevenbrla

Thanks for all the advice...

Sold my Bobcat today, so I have the funds to purchase the tele... strongly considering the Terex TX5519...

I have several options... but the closest one is about 5 hours away, and the rest are way too far for me to go look at... fortunately I'm too busy... (so very possible I'll purchase based on pics).... although I might make time for the one 5 hours away.

Thoughts on this?

Assuming the machines "look" the same in pics, and the money is within $500 of each other, would you purchase a 2004 with 950 hours, or a 2006 with 1700 hours?